Star Trek EVO

I am making a Star Trek plug for EVO and I need 2-3 plug-in designers to help me make systems, spatial objects, and some descriptions. Please post your abilities and prior accomplishments here.

------------------
"The heathens are upon us, arm yourselves and go with God."-Paul Benden, Commander of the Purple Sector Fleet

Good luck. You're not the only one making a STEVO plug, but I look forward to playing your version. A tip though: when looking for people to contribute time to work on a plug, you're not really in the position to ask them for a resumΓ©. Even the most exciting projects are often undermanned.

Yeah...good luck...

Here's what I can do: (url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/beezuz26/evost-stuff/")http://www.geocities...26/evost-stuff/(/url)

NOTE: My team is...basically just me (the doer of everything) and one other (the mission dude)...working with teams isn't a really good thing. Teams get lazy, nothing gets accomplished. All of the really good plugs so far have been mostly solo projects.

PEACE YO!

------------------
Damon: An Immortal! Hahaha...there are things worse than DEATH!
Kwanza: bang...bang
If you're one in a million, then there are 1000 people just like you in China.
(url="http://"http://Kwanzasoft.cjb.net")Kwanzasoft Graphics and Design(/url)

As I guess I probably shouldn't have asked for resumes, here is what I am looking for. Someone to do missions and someone to do spacial objects and systems. I have already done ships and I am not real good at anything else. The other people I need will have to work cooperatively to make the missions work.

------------------
"The heathens are upon us, arm yourselves and go with God."-Paul Benden, Commander of the Purple Sector Fleet

Originally posted by Kwanzar:
**working with teams isn't a really good thing. All of the really good plugs so far have been mostly solo projects.

PEACE YO!

But that isn't necessarily the case in every instance. πŸ˜‰

------------------
Jon Potter
Thank you for your cooperation. Good night.

Originally posted by Jon Potter:
**But that isn't necessarily the case in every instance. πŸ˜‰

Heh...

Even for 1kw, I see you, Jon, doing a HUGE amount of the work...more than 1/2 of the plug should be credited to you...=)

PWACE YO!

------------------
Damon: An Immortal! Hahaha...there are things worse than DEATH!
Kwanza: bang...bang
If you're one in a million, then there are 1000 people just like you in China.
(url="http://"http://Kwanzasoft.cjb.net")Kwanzasoft Graphics and Design(/url)

Originally posted by Kwanzar:
**Heh...

Even for 1kw, I see you, Jon, doing a HUGE amount of the work...more than 1/2 of the plug should be credited to you...=)

PWACE YO!

For me, it isn't about credit. I'm working hard at it because I want to see it finished. And I actually enjoy the process. And I'm fearful that a lull in activity may lead to further developer attrition.

And let's not forget who's done all the graphics work for the LoE, Arvadians and now the Cypiens.

Sorry this has gotten so far off topic, Admital Benden.
------------------
Jon Potter
Thank you for your cooperation. Good night.

(This message has been edited by Jon Potter (edited 03-04-2001).)

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've tried to work in group projects before, and it takes so long for anything to get done. When I started my own plugin, I thought it would be impossible to finish by myself, but in a few short months I've finished just about everything except some missions (which are a pain, but I'll do them myself anyway), and some title music (which I got somebody else to do).

It makes me very proud of myself πŸ™‚

------------------

I'm kind of interested, I am a major Trekkie and I would be foolish to just pass over this. Could you send me (by e-mail) the details of what you still need. I too am good at doing ships, but I can also do decent outfits and weapons as well. And I know that I can do missions (but I haven't done stuff like that in a while now πŸ˜„ but I'm willing to give it a go for Star Trek. πŸ˜„ πŸ˜„ :D).

Cheers,
Jedibrass

------------------
-author of "Dragerron"
-OotS member
-Star Wars and EVO
nut. πŸ˜„

(quote)Originally posted by JediBrass:
**I'm kind of interested, I am a major Trekkie and I would be foolish to just pass over this. Could you send me (by e-mail) the details of what you still need. I too am good at doing ships, but I can also do decent outfits and weapons as well. And I know that I can do missions (but I haven't done stuff like that in a while now;) πŸ˜„

------------------
-author of "Dragerron"
-OotS member
-Star Wars and EVO
nut. πŸ˜„

I'm pretty much new to plug dev. But i've made a few spob's and i'm interested. I haven't released any plugs, and i'm mostly just fiddlin. I've tried making a voyager ship, or any ship for that matter, the reason i just don't have an app for graphics. maybe we can help eachother.

------------------
My keylime ibook: My eyes! They Burn!

Admiral,
I need a list of all the planets that need dΓ«sc's and if they are kind of obscure in the ST universe (info not readilly available in the books that cover all the episodes (I only have the books covering all the ST:NG episodes) or the ST universe guide books) include some info on them including ST/NG/DS9/Voyager episode #'s and episode synopsis (as much as you can remember if you don't remember some or most of the episode). This is what I need to do the dΓ«sc's for the planets as best I can (if I have all that I've asked for I can garuntee 100% that you'll have excellant dΓ«sc's). E-mail me the info I need at jedibrass@hotmail.com :D.

Cheersm
~Jedibrass

------------------
-author of "Dragerron"
-OotS member
-Star Wars and EVO
nut. πŸ˜„

Originally posted by Giule:
**Yeah, I know what you mean. I've tried to work in group projects before, and it takes so long for anything to get done. When I started my own plugin, I thought it would be impossible to finish by myself, but in a few short months I've finished just about everything except some missions (which are a pain, but I'll do them myself anyway), and some title music (which I got somebody else to do).

It makes me very proud of myself πŸ™‚

I dunno, working in groups works a lot better for me, it means I can't just get bored in the middle of the project with somebody depending on me.

------------------
Diddly,
"Well, we could grind
our enemies into powder, but gosh, we did that yesterday."

Originally posted by diddlysquat:
**I dunno, working in groups works a lot better for me, it means I can't just get bored in the middle of the project with somebody depending on me.

Gotta agree with you there, and besides, in a group you do what you do best and let those who are better at other plug aspects do them. For example, I'm primarily and ship, weapon, outfit and dΓ«sc creator, these are the resources that I'm best at creating. Now on the other hand, I suck at missions and graphics (working on becoming proficient in 3D modeling so I can make my own ships). If I was working in a group, I would pick to have the job of creating the ships. I'd get the sprites from the graphics guy, get the stuff on weapons & outfits from the guy doing weapons & outfits, and then I'd put this stuff together, add a bit of my personality to the ship by way of the shipyard description and voila! A well created ship by yours truly. πŸ˜„

Cheers,
~Jedibrass

------------------
-author of "Dragerron"
-OotS member
-Star Wars and EVO
nut. πŸ˜„