Book of Alchemy

I have just started the Ranger class with Trinity plug-in. How do you use the book which is in my inventory. So far I've had three formulas presented but I didn't copy them down. When I try to access the book, it tells me I haven't learned enough yet.

Do you have to buy the ingredients first, and if so how much should I buy?

Is there a certain level where the book becomes accessible later in the game?

How long is the resultant action good for when you do use it?

------------------
Why is it we park on driveways and drive on Parkways?

The Book of Alchemy in your inventory is basically there for decoration. To select a potion, recipe or spell, press the 'C' key. And BTW Ā— this was listed in the Trinity manual. You did read it, didn't you?

------------------
The greatest of harm can result from the best of intentions Ā— Wizard's Second Rule, Stone of Tears.
Ā— Cafall

Originally posted by Cafall:
**- - - - - - And BTW Ā— this was listed in the Trinity manual. You did read it, didn't you?

Thank you, Cafall, I did read it, but a long time ago and forgot about it. :redface:

Edit: In re-reading it, the manual says press " V " to access skills, " C " is used to re-cast a spell for conjurors. šŸ˜„
------------------
Why is it we park on driveways and drive on Parkways?

(This message has been edited by Rubber Ducky (edited 05-31-2002).)

Originally posted by Rubber Ducky:
In re-reading it, the manual says press " V " to access skills, " C " is used to re-cast a spell for conjurors. šŸ˜„

Mr. Ducky,

Yep, those are the keys. Also, in a shameless plug, you can also find this information on the POG Walkthrough and Compendium under the Alchemy section.

Originally posted by Cafall: **
The Book of Alchemy in your inventory is basically there for decoration.**

Cafall, as I understand Coldstone and how the alterations to POG work, I think the Book of Alchemy is there to allow a person to utilize spells or alchemy. The book I believe has the key-down events for opening the spell book and casting spells, and also probably serves to save the spells too. Kind of like the work-around that was posted about making quests appear in a quest log... kind of kludgy. I can't remember if you can drop the spell book(or alchemy book), but if you can it would be my guess that spells/alchemy would no longer work for the character.

------------------
Calvin: People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.

Hobbes: Isn't your pants' zipper supposed to be in the front?

Originally posted by Stark Bledfast:
**Cafall, as I understand Coldstone and how the alterations to POG work, I think the Book of Alchemy is there to allow a person to utilize spells or alchemy. The book I believe has the key-down events for opening the spell book and casting spells, and also probably serves to save the spells too. Kind of like the work-around that was posted about making quests appear in a quest log... kind of kludgy. I can't remember if you can drop the spell book(or alchemy book), but if you can it would be my guess that spells/alchemy would no longer work for the character.

No, from my experience with CGE it would be perfectly possible to make a spell list without needing a physical item. The reason you need a physical item to make third-party quests show up is because of the way PoG's built-in quest log is coded. (when it is opened, it deletes every quest in the book, then, depending on the value of some global variables, adds quests back into the book. This technique is very handy because you can keep your quest log up-to-date without much hassle at all.) And no, you can't drop the Alchemy/Conjuration book.

------------------
The greatest of harm can result from the best of intentions Ā— Wizard's Second Rule, Stone of Tears.
Ā— Cafall