Various editors

I would like to get more into plug-making, so here a few questions

Is there a program like Shipwrite or the Docks for original EV? I would like to make some ships but I am too lazy to do it in ResEdit (though I'm sure I could) and I don't like EV-Edit.
Also: In Shipwrite, If I quit the program, when I come back the plug containing my ships is not in read/write access anymore. I can only look at my cool little ships.
Also: What is the best govt (I dunno how 2 do the thing with the 2 dots. can someone enlighten me?) editor. I know a few, just want a few opinions.

Thanks in advance for any helpful (or non-helpful) feedback I receive from persons more knowledgable than myself in this particular area.

------------------
...When Soulblighter confronted the Trow, demanding their continued servitude, they replied,"Set iron to rest and choose you one from our number. Ask of his name and what he owes you."

Well, it's still in development stages, but EVO God's Govt editor will be in the 0.6d release, due at the end of this weekend. The EVO God development releases are fairly stable, although one user has had a fair bit of trouble un-stuffing the archive 🙂

Otherwise you're stuck with EV-Edit or ResEdit.

------------------
Kane O'Donnell

Originally posted by shado83:
Well, it's still in development stages, but EVO God's Govt editor will be in the 0.6d release, due at the end of this weekend. The EVO God development releases are fairly stable, although one user has had a fair bit of trouble un-stuffing the archive:)

Otherwise you're stuck with EV-Edit or ResEdit.

Ok, put me up against a wall and shoot me - I was talking about EVO, not EV! Sorry!

------------------
Kane O'Donnell

I guess I could use EV-Edit a little bit... but I can wait... maybe someday some good EV Editors will come out.

------------------
...When Soulblighter confronted the Trow, demanding their continued servitude, they replied,"Set iron to rest and choose you one from our number. Ask of his name and what he owes you."

ResEdit really isn't so bad, except for missions, which can get confusing. I suggest using Schmelta-V (spelling?) for that. If you're doing an EVO plug, just translate it to EV and then change it back later.

~Thursday

------------------
EV Haiku- by Matt Burch
Three in the morning
Obstinate bug still won't die
Pass the coffee, please

I never said ResEdit was bad, its just that it is by far not the simplest way. Actually, I think that if I ever make any plugs, they will be EVO. I would at some point (not anytime soon) like to make a TC plug, and it doesn't matter too much which game you use for TC's.

------------------
"Four Flint Motion Sun had to stifle a grin when word came that the brigand camp had been attacked by twelve to fifteen swordsmen. He remarked, 'It's odd that I didn't see them, but I was rather busy'"
Play Myth or Myth 2 today!

(QUOTE)Originally posted by BattleDoctor:
(B)I would like to get more into plug-making, so here a few questions

(I dunno how 2 do the thing with the 2 dots. can someone enlighten me?)

try option-u
or look at keyboard in your apple menu.

------------------

Lol! Right before I read your post I figured it out! Thanks anyway. 🙂

------------------
"Four Flint Motion Sun had to stifle a grin when word came that the brigand camp had been attacked by twelve to fifteen swordsmen. He remarked, 'It's odd that I didn't see them, but I was rather busy'"

You had a problem with ShipWrite, in that after you started a plug-in, quit, and went back to it, it was not in Read/Write access anymore. Here's a fix (I use ShipWrite, so I know...)

Uncheck that box that says Open Read-Only on the open file dialog screen.

------------------
Platypus

Thanks... I think shipwrite is a great program and now my only probem with it is solved!

------------------