maximum stats

Is there a maximum that can be achieved for all of the stats? Before I go fight the Guardian, i wanna buy a bunch of potions. Thanks

------------------

Originally posted by dampeoples:
**Is there a maximum that can be achieved for all of the stats? Before I go fight the Guardian, i wanna buy a bunch of potions. Thanks

There is no maximum. The Guardian has health points of 2500. If you want to get your strength up high enough you can take him out with your bare hands but that sure isn't necessary to go that high. I'd suggest strength of at least 100 and your characters hps at somewhere arround 240 for a mimimum. If you can down a Sea Giant (Hps = 2000) the Guardian is within reach. Good luck! Be sure and save your game before you enter his chamber so you have a second chance if you need it.

------------------
Why is it we park on driveways and drive on Parkways?

100! I've got to get to work....my little weakling needs help

------------------

You definetely don't need that much, Rubber Ducky. I was able to beat him fairly easily with my stats only half of what you recommended.
All you really need to know, dampeoples, is that all of the Guardian's stats (except health and speed) are at 18-20. Anything higher (I had 35+ of all stats when I beat him) will probably kill him. The most important thing to do is to bring lots of health potions; Filters of Healing, naturally.
Also, keep in mind that Sea Giants are actually stronger than the Guardian.

------------------
The greatest of harm can result from the best of intentions Ā— Wizard's Second Rule, Stone of Tears.
Ā— Cafall

(This message has been edited by Cafall (edited 05-17-2002).)

That's better, I'm at the island now and having a tough time, maybe i need to explore more.

------------------

Originally posted by Cafall:
**You definetely don't need that much, Rubber Ducky. I was able to beat him fairly easily with my stats only half of what you recommended.
All you really need to know, dampeoples, is that all of the Guardian's stats (except health and speed) are at 18-20. Anything higher (I had 35+ of all stats when I beat him) will probably kill him. The most important thing to do is to bring lots of health potions; Filters of Healing, naturally.
Also, keep in mind that Sea Giants are actually stronger than the Guardian.

I was pretty sure it could be done with less, Cafall, but I was using the stats I had when I first successfully finished the game. Even then I had a good fight on my hands. I did not know about his other stats, and I don't know how to get that information. Any hints?

Dampeoples, take Cafall's advice about lots of Filters of Healing! One other point is that you are better off staying close to him in battle, if he moves away from you he throws lightning bolts which pack a whollop.

------------------
Why is it we park on driveways and drive on Parkways?

For what it's worth, I killed the Guardian on my second ever try, and my highest stat was a Strength of 25. He's really not that tough if you've got decent armor and a good weapon. (I was using the Misery Axe, Full Elven Plate, etc.) Block, strike right after he slashes, chase when he runs away, repeat 'til he goes down. I thought it was a bit of an anticlimax, in a way, considering that one swipe from a Sea Giant kills me every time. šŸ˜‰