I wanna be a Knight in shiny armor

I'm pouting! I warned the garrisons at Berglum and Dernath or whatever they are and completed all their little side quests and jumped through all their little hoops and Septembris STILL won't make me a knight. And after he promised!! Now he's sent me on some goofy mission to find something that will inspire the people. Argg. So is this right? Or did I do something out of order and miss out on my big dream?

I'm not asking where I should go on the artifact quest, I'm not stuck...yet. I just want to make sure this is the way it's supposed to happen. And if it is I wanted to rant and whine about the unfairness of it all. There. I feel better.

Oh..sorry about the misspelled names.

---Zelda

------------------
I am your Fairy Godmoderator.

Hey, if you're in love with someone, then you have every right to completely screw up their life.--cynical me!

The "Inspire the People" quest requires you to find a standard of High Garendall. And yes, you are on the right track. Get the standard and he'll make you a knight.

------------------
It doesn't matter whether you're right or wrong; if you can keep your opinion for more than a day,
you're doing well.
#evdev, the EV/O developer's IRC channel. Please go there once in a while.
#coldstone, theŃI think you can guess.

Originally posted by Zelda:
**...Septembris STILL won't make me a knight. And after he promised!! Now he's sent me on some goofy mission...

Yep, that's the way it goes.
You think Septemris is annoying, wait til you meet that screwy elf. πŸ˜„

------------------
Joe Burnette
"I find that humans can be divided into only two meaningful categories: Decent Humans and Sonsofbitches; both types appear to be evenly distributed
among all shapes, colors, sizes, and nationalities." -- Keith Laumer

Strange bug I found. I was playing POG with Trinity on but I was playing a character created without trinity. I did the standard quest, and went to Septemeris and he made me a knight. Strangely, this is what I look like now.

I have a picture of what I look like, but it won't go into the reply box. I look like a conjurer, with cloak, staff, and all. Weird.... πŸ˜•

Originally posted by Wantan Soup Man:
I was playing POG with Trinity on but I was playing a character created without trinity.

Answered your own problem.
Don't do that.

------------------
NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!
(url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/arcangel_c/PhotoAlbum2.html")Rogue Thoughts(/url)

Originally posted by Zelda:
**I'm pouting! I warned the garrisons at Berglum and Dernath or whatever they are and completed all their little side quests and jumped through all their little hoops and Septembris STILL won't make me a knight. And after he promised!! Now he's sent me on some goofy mission to find something that will inspire the people. Argg. So is this right? Or did I do something out of order and miss out on my big dream?

I'm not asking where I should go on the artifact quest, I'm not stuck...yet. I just want to make sure this is the way it's supposed to happen. And if it is I wanted to rant and whine about the unfairness of it all. There. I feel better.

Oh..sorry about the misspelled names.

---Zelda

Zelda,
I can commiserate completely! I just recieved the quest for the "symbol" today(I actually found time to hunt out Dernath, slay a few Cyclops and do 3 loads of laundry, whilest exploring Garendall today... Amazing!). Though, I had a leg up on you. I've been playing the game with my husband for a week & finally decided to start one of my own a few days ago.

Sadly I cannot register here right now, seems they are not taking new registrations...

Since I cannot post a topic I will whine here I think... Zelda, mind sharing your space dear? I hope not. <G>

I am feeling shamefully teased and rather abused! I must protest the dangling of Darmyl and the hinted at goodies to be found there, in front of my nose, but out of reach. It doesn't seem to exist on this map! Whine I've looked high & low (found an imprisoned monk & a cool lamp NE), but Darmyl is not in the NW as hinted at. Is someone going to create it for me in a plug in ;-)? Or is it in a Garendall future that we shalll see it... Perhaps a sequal?

Thank You Zelda, for sharing your space with me...

Former GCS Spryte says hello to all the Ambrosia crew!

Cheers!
-Wicked

Originally posted by Wicked Faerie:
-----
I am feeling shamefully teased and rather abused! I must protest the dangling of Darmyl and the hinted at goodies to be found there, in front of my nose, but out of reach. It doesn't seem to exist on this map! Whine I've looked high & low (found an imprisoned monk & a cool lamp NE), but Darmyl is not in the NW as hinted at.
-----
-Wicked**

If you are looking for Dernath which is not on the map, it's ESE of Fantrima as the crow flies, but to get there from Fantrima you have to go 2N, 2E, & 3S. I don't know of any place called "Darmyl" nor have I seen reference to it. I hope this helps.

------------------
I knew I was marrying
Miss Right, I just didn't
know her first name
was Always.

(This message has been edited by Rubber Ducky (edited 03-27-2002).)

I am feeling shamefully teased and rather abused! I must protest the dangling of Darmyl and the hinted at goodies to be found there, in front of my nose, but out of reach. It doesn't seem to exist on this map! Whine I've looked high & low (found an imprisoned monk & a cool lamp NE), but Darmyl is not in the NW as hinted at. Is someone going to create it for me in a plug in ;-)? Or is it in a Garendall future that we shalll see it... Perhaps a sequal?
-Wicked**

Hello Wicked Faerie,

I believe you have confused Darmyl with the village of Utian. There are several items sold in Fantrima that are from Utian village, and there is at least one guy walking around the town talking about how the best items are made there. And you are correct that the village is no where in the game, yet. There is a plug-in in development for it, however. So please be patient. πŸ™‚

Darmyl is referenced periodically but I have yet to see it explained really well in the game. But from my research in writing the walkthrough and compendium, and sifting through the information found within the bestiary that was included in the said compendium, I have been able to make an educated guess at the following:

Darmyl is the name of the world or continent/land mass that makes up the world of POG.
Garendall is the name of the region that is ruled by Gidolan Keep, which includes the ruins of High Garendall(named thus due to the fact that it resided within the high mountains above the Kingdom of Garendall).

Thus if someone were to make a plug-in for the lands beyond High Garendall(as referenced in the ending story sequence), that land should be a part of Darmyl but will not be a part of Garendall Kingdom. That land should be owned by another kingdom and named appropriately.

Make sense, I hope?

------------------
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
-- Schoolhouse Rock & some other document

Ducky,

I found Dernath, not the same town but thanks! πŸ˜„

Stark,

Not quite... If you look Darmyl up in the Learning Tree this is what you'll get, at least it's what I found: "Town situated north west of the terriitory, at the feet of the Mountains of Avrany. Occasionally small boats are coming there for trade and exploration. Large boats cannot come near the coast because of the dangerous reefs all around the Kingdom..." It goes on from there, mentioning a fishing trade as well.

I found the first reference to Darmyl in Berglum and then looked it up. Since then I found another reference stating that it lies o the otherside of High Garendal, thus it must lie at the foot of the mountains on the otherside and I now assume that the Kingdom referred to by the the Learning Tree is not Garendall but Utian?

I can live with that. πŸ˜‰

**Not quite... If you look Darmyl up in the Learning Tree this is what you'll get, at least it's what I found: "Town situated north west of the terriitory, at the feet of the Mountains of Avrany. Occasionally small boats are coming there for trade and exploration. Large boats cannot come near the coast because of the dangerous reefs all around the Kingdom..." It goes on from there, mentioning a fishing trade as well.

I found the first reference to Darmyl in Berglum and then looked it up. Since then I found another reference stating that it lies o the otherside of High Garendal, thus it must lie at the foot of the mountains on the otherside and I now assume that the Kingdom referred to by the the Learning Tree is not Garendall but Utian?

I can live with that. πŸ˜‰

Huh, well you stumped me there. I do believe the kingdom referred to by the learning tree is in fact Utian, and is just a typo/mistake.

I will contact Beenox though and see if I can get an official reply as to what Darmyl refers to(and will include that info in the compendium too).

Thanks for finding that.

------------------
People usually get what's coming to them ... unless it's been mailed.

Originally posted by Stark Bledfast:
**Huh, well you stumped me there. I do believe the kingdom referred to by the learning tree is in fact Utian, and is just a typo/mistake.

I will contact Beenox though and see if I can get an official reply as to what Darmyl refers to(and will include that info in the compendium too).

Thanks for finding that.

Welcome... I think...!? πŸ˜„