AI and torpedoes

Do the AI ships refrain from firing torpedoes at you if you have a particularly nimble ship, one with a quick turn factor? And is this because torpedoes themselves are pretty slow; that is, if I give the torps greater speed, would the AI vessels be more likely to use them against me?

------------------
PlanetPhil
if you lived here, you'd be home by now

In EVO 1.0.2 there is a flag you can set that will prevent that type of weapon from being fired (by the AI) at ships with a turn rate of (I think) 4 or greater.

------------------

(Insert Signature Here)

Thanks, Wyvern, but I forgot to mention that I was thinking of EV in particular, and that I really want the AI ships to use their torps against me.

------------------
PlanetPhil
if you lived here, you'd be home by now

Well, you could always port the entire EV scenario into EV 1.0.2. If you want a more reasonable suggestion, well, keep looking.

------------------
(Insert Signature Here)

i think it's the same in ev, it's just that dumb homing weaps act like the aforementioned flag is set and smart homing weaps don't. but that's just my theory so don't kill me if it's wrong

------------------
if tin whistles are made of tin, what's a fog horn made of?

what if you take a missile, and give it same turn/speed as torp, and give torpedo the same speed/turn as missile, but they both keep their dumb/smart homing attributes?

------------------
"Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love" -Albert Einstein
Go to (url="http://"http://www.gamersyndicate.com")www.gamersyndicate.com(/url) for reviews, editorials and the latest gaming news!

Originally posted by nighthawk:
**i think it's the same in ev, it's just that dumb homing weaps act like the aforementioned flag is set and smart homing weaps don't. but that's just my theory so don't kill me if it's wrong

(list=1)
() It's wrong.
(
) What if I want to kill you?
(/list=a)

------------------
May the world never rest in peace.