Please Help!

Okay, I put this on the EVO board but didn't get much response. In this plug-in I'm making when I go to sell some things in the outfit ship I sell it then when I leave the outfitter and come back it's there again! It doesn't go away! This doesn't happen for all items, just some, and it's always the same ones. And not only can I not sell some items, but when I try to buy those items it doesn't give them to me. And not only that, it GIVES me other items that I can't sell. But it only does this on my iMac, on my old power Mac (technically it's been upgraded to a G3 but it's still pathetic) I don't have this problem, but the beams don't show up, but that's another problem. If ya don't know please tell me that way I don't feel like one of those people that post a topic and no one ever reads it. And if you do know please tell me!

Are you using any plugs? Try installing EVO. Or start a new pilotfile and see does that fix it. Plugs can really screw up pilot files.

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.CelticStarbase.f2s.com")www.CelticStarbase.f2s.com(/url)
(url="http://"mailto:webmaster@CelticStarbase.com")mailto:webmaster@CelticStarbase.com(/url)webmaster@CelticStarbase.com

Originally posted by Bob:
Okay, I put this on the EVO board but didn't get much response. In this plug-in I'm making when I go to sell some things in the outfit ship I sell it then when I leave the outfitter and come back it's there again! It doesn't go away! This doesn't happen for all items, just some, and it's always the same ones. And not only can I not sell some items, but when I try to buy those items it doesn't give them to me. And not only that, it GIVES me other items that I can't sell. But it only does this on my iMac, on my old power Mac (technically it's been upgraded to a G3 but it's still pathetic) I don't have this problem, but the beams don't show up, but that's another problem. If ya don't know please tell me that way I don't feel like one of those people that post a topic and no one ever reads it. And if you do know please tell me!

are you using EV-Edit?

------------------
Captain Orne
AIM:CaptnG3
Yahoo!:BOrnelasPT

Yes, I'm using a plug that I'm making right now, and nope, I'm not using EV-Edit, last time I used it it messed up my plug big time, and just like me I had forgot to make a backup.

i got the same thing in the early development stages of the first steps from earth. when i finally overhauled the test plug instead of just tweaking it (it was initially replacement data files, but the tests were in the form of plugs containing the same stuff), the problem went away. i don't know if the tester was corrupted or what, but somehow copying in all the stuff from the data files fixed it

------------------
if tin whistles are made of tin, what's a fog horn made of?

Hey it worked, kuwl, thanks for the help.

Aw dang, nevermind. Turns out it's just difrent outfits now, probably becuse i started a new pilot. By copying you mean making a new plug and putting in the same data right?

Oh oh! I just noticed something, all the outfits that do this are weapons. Not sure what that means, but yeah.

(This message has been edited by Bob (edited 11-04-2000).)

I hate myself (not really), this should have been easy to figure out when i found out it was only weapons that were affected. When you set two outfits to point to say, weapon id 128, then you have to get BOTH of the outfits at the SAME TIME or it gets rid of the one that you did get. Now in my plug I didn't have enough outfits yet to override all the outfits from the game, and some of the outfits that I didn't override were pointing to some of the weapons that I had outfits for. When I bought one of those outfits I didn't buy the other one and so it would get rid of the one I did get. And when I told a ship to start with a weapon it would give that ship both the outfits, that's why I thought it was giving me outfits for no reason. You also can't sell one of the the outfits without selling both of them or it gives it back. Solution: make a bunch of blank outfits to override the ones from the game. Case closed.

(This message has been edited by Bob (edited 11-04-2000).)