The enter ship text

Is it possible to edit the enter ship text? ( "Welcome to EV Override - it would be a good..."ect )
I have found 2 copies in the DATA resorse, ( ID 0! )
but the enter ship text wouldn't change when i changed the first letter ( 'W' to a 'X' ). :frown:

------------------
R & R software

(This message has been edited by Rodger (edited 10-26-2000).)

Originally posted by Rodger:
**Is it possible to edit the enter ship text? ( "Welcome to EV Override - it would be a good..."ect )
I have found 2 copies in the DATA resorse, ( ID 0! )
but the enter ship text wouldn't change when i changed the first letter ( 'W' to a 'X' ). :frown:

What do you mean by editing and Entering ship text? For which text exactly? Hmm...thinks for a sec I think all text related to ships is editable in most cases...explain a bit more on...

PEACE YO!

------------------
D.A.R.E
D rugs A re R eally E xpensive
"Quoted the Kwanza Man...Nevermore."
AIM: Kwanzar26

i think he means the text(or transmission like thing) you get when you first start a new pilot and finish reading through the intro text.

now let's see........ how did you edit that again?? 😕

------------------

Originally posted by J.Ace21:
**i think he means the text(or transmission like thing) you get when you first start a new pilot and finish reading through the intro text.

now let's see........ how did you edit that again?? 😕

Yep thats the one! (BTW The DATA resource is in the EVO application)
Rodger

------------------
R & R software

Here's why nothing changed: the DATA resource is only used on 68k machines. If you want to edit what you'll see on a PPC machine, you'll have to get a hex editor. I ran into similar (and insoluble, at least by me) problems when trying to change "fuel" to "power" for my tc. If only the words were the same length... Annoying, isn't it? I wish that ALL text used by the game was in string or string# resources, and easily editable.

------------------

(Insert Signature Here)