Bryce 4 Buffer/Memory error

I keep getting a Bryce 4 buffer error every time I try to open one of my large files (13.8 megs, due mostly to a few Infini-D imports). I increased the memory to extreme amounts (60,000+ K) and it still doesn't work. Is my file permanently screwed, and if so, how can I prevent this from happening again?

_bomb

I think I know what your refering to, I used to get it ever now and againe Bryce 3D, but I asumed 4 fixed it.

1 question, how big are the Bryce files that you'r working with? I found that the larger the file, the more likly it was to throw up the error message you'r talking about.

I'm not a programer and as such could be talking through my rosey behind when i say this, but I think that there's a critical file size, around 50MB. When any one file passes this amount there is an increased chance that it will corupt its self whilst saving.

Like I say, this is just from personal expeirience, but hay, it's as good as any other responce you've had so far.

Good luck.

Hudson 😄

Originally posted by Hudson:
**I think I know what your refering to, I used to get it ever now and againe Bryce 3D, but I asumed 4 fixed it.

1 question, how big are the Bryce files that you'r working with? I found that the larger the file, the more likly it was to throw up the error message you'r talking about.

I'm not a programer and as such could be talking through my rosey behind when i say this, but I think that there's a critical file size, around 50MB. When any one file passes this amount there is an increased chance that it will corupt its self whilst saving.

Like I say, this is just from personal expeirience, but hay, it's as good as any other responce you've had so far.

Good luck.

Hudson :D**

Thanks. I restarted the city and it's complex animation and am currently at 28.1 megs and counting, with no errors in sight. Go figure.. my earlier design died at a humble 13.8 megs. It's actually not too surprising. The entire fly-through is long and complex, with cool stuff like doing camera rolls into tunnels and flying through crowded space lanes..

_bomb