Need help on a New Plug-In

I need a bit of advice on a new plug of mine. I've pretty much finished it, except for adding a few outfits. However, evering time I try to play my plug-in, the title screen suddenly turns all these different colors, and a message pops up that says that "EV encountered a problem when starting up, probably due to lack of memory. Try allocating EV more memory and try again." Except I gave it maximum memory and it won't work, but other bigger plugs (that I didn't make) will work. Any idea where I should start looking to track down my error? Any well-known causes of this malfunction? TIA

------------------

There IS a well-known cause. Check your spďn resources - if any of them are pointing to a pict that doesn't exist, you will very likely get that error. I believe the same goes for other resources: planets pointing to landing graphics or sounds that aren't there, bays for nonexistant ships, etc.

However, the number one, most-often-it's-this cause is in the spďns.

------------------

well, if you used EVedit, than you are pretty damn screwed. Sorry, if you are using EVedit, i had encountered the same problem with a forgotten plugin that added just one ship, of which I made.

------------------
Admiral Zombat
http://www.cerolia.pyar.com

"Gug ug hu-uuggug agg ackug-glub"
("you backstabbing turncoat!")

"lack of memory" is how EVO says "messed spin resource". It took me weeks to get that far. 😉

But like they said, one of your spin resources is pointing to a graphic that doesn't exist. Check it out, and it should load up correctly.

------------------
Dan! The food's gone!

Like they say it prob a spin resources, or anouther resource thats messed up, carfully go through all you pic sound and what not and look for things that are outta place or missing....

------------------
Weazle is Fed up with your ShĄt, and he's going to kill YOU!

Thanks for your help guys. I'm now in the process of checking the spins, of which there are about 100. I'll tell you what I find.

------------------

Originally posted by Captain Carnotaur:
**Thanks for your help guys. I'm now in the process of checking the spins, of which there are about 100. I'll tell you what I find.

If you have about 100 spďns, there is a good chance that you exceded some of the game constraints. EVO only allows you to 16 more ships before hitting the max. But if you're making a TC plug, then just ignore this - because you could easily hit 100 then.

------------------