Need help setting spin settings in Res-Edit

I made this new ship with new graphics. The only problem is that it does not look right when you fly it because the xy size and tiles are not right. I do not know what to put in there, I just put any number. How do you find out what the sizes are supposed to be (xSize ySize xTiles yTiles)? Any help?

ok, heres what it is. The x and y size is for the size in pixels for each frame. the x and y tiles is how many frames you have (should be 6x6.)

------------------
DeAdBoY-
your freindly drug addict

Originally posted by DeAdBoY:
**ok, heres what it is. The x and y size is for the size in pixels for each frame. the x and y tiles is how many frames you have (should be 6x6.)

I do not know what the size in pixels for each frame is. How do you figure that out? Where do you find that?

------------------

Originally posted by joekap:
**I do not know what the size in pixels for each frame is. How do you figure that out? Where do you find that?

What program did you use to make your ship? You should know how big each individual frame is by noting the picture size in your graphics program (make sure your change the ruler/unit size in your graphics program to show pixels though and not inches).

ok, from now on make sure you know the pixel size in your 3d program, but to figure out the size really quick, open the sprite in graphic converter, look at the X and Y size (in pixels) and divide them by 6.

------------------
DeAdBoY-
your freindly drug addict

(This message has been edited by DeAdBoY (edited 06-28-2000).)

Originally posted by DP:
What program did you use to make your ship? You should know how big each individual frame is by noting the picture size in your graphics program (make sure your change the ruler/unit size in your graphics program to show pixels though and not inches).

I did not make the ship. I downlaoded it. What am I supposed to do know?

Originally posted by joekap:
I did not make the ship. I downlaoded it. What am I supposed to do know?

To find out sprite size without Graphic Converter or anything you just have to compare the sprites to the ones in EV or any plug. Since all the sizes have to be multiples of 8 you just open your sprites in Resedit and then keep looking at ships til you find one the same size. Then check the spin of that ship and there you have it!

You should also note that there are no 40x40 sprites in EV so if yours doesn't seem to match any of the others that's why.