Sory!!!!!!

It was I! I Am the Creator of "The final escape" I have been caught up in school I haent been able to keep up in the "Ferazel Hacking" page.

The reason I submitted it with no description but a question was because I didnt want anyone to be to confident in my level.

Its only 1K Because I have a stupid computor and "Mascot editor" creates these meaningless files that don,t work as my "World Data".

And It is my first try at making a world to submit.

So if you want a copy of the level E-Mail me at Devonst17@hotmail.com Ill attach it to an E-Mail to send to you

Originally posted by ferazel2001:
**It was I! I Am the Creator of "The final escape" I have been caught up in school I haent been able to keep up in the "Ferazel Hacking" page.

The reason I submitted it with no description but a question was because I didnt want anyone to be to confident in my level.

Its only 1K Because I have a stupid computor and "Mascot editor" creates these meaningless files that don,t work as my "World Data".

And It is my first try at making a world to submit.

So if you want a copy of the level E-Mail me at Devonst17@hotmail.com Ill attach it to an E-Mail to send to you**

Ahhh..so YOU'RE the culprit. ๐Ÿ™‚ There are a great many people here who can probably help you figure out what's going wrong with your files. I hope one of them mails you and helps you out. ๐Ÿ™‚ Otherwise, don't be reluctant to ask anything here. Don't be afraid to sound stupid. I'm so impressed by anyone who's trying to make levels with the editor that I automatically elevate you quite a few steps in my esteem. For attempting to make levels with the editor, you're already smarter than me. Congratulations!!

For future reference (not just you, to everyone!)..spamguy and I don't agree on all things politics..but we do agree that there absolutely has to be a description for any file that's uploaded to the addon page. No description, no place on the page. And we always test the download before we put on the page. So if we can't download it, it goes to the big delete nothingness in the sky.

---Zelda

------------------
All I know is that wherever Ben goes, great software follows--Merciless

Thanks Zelda I Will upload the file right now!
(Hope this works!) ๐Ÿ™‚

What do you mean you have esteem for those who use the editor? Aren't you a hacker, Zelda? Oh, do you mean not drawing the level in a program like photoshop and then importing it to your level? I considered doing that way but I lose track of the level as it becomes disorganized in the program so all my levels have been created manually in MASCOT mode. This was a pretty irrelevant post wasn't it... ๐Ÿ˜‰

------------------
Dr. Tall says: Taller is Better

HOW THE HECK DO YOU IMPORT FROM PHOTOSHOP?!?!?!
Everyone does that but they don't let me in on the secret! :^EE (Mad person)

I think you need to calm down ;). I don't know how to import from Photoshop either. But I don't care and so (as stated above) all my levels are just made from within MASCOT. I'm sure its a little slower but it helps me stay organized.

------------------
Dr. Tall says: Taller is Better

Ferazel:

Put your last question in a new topic, so more people will spot it. Then you will get all the attention you desire for your question. And hold off the caps, please. ๐Ÿ˜‰

------------------
MAGNETIC POEM #14.4 (1/3/00)
love is
the searching below
one's tiny expecations

Originally posted by ferazel2001:
HOW THE HECK DO YOU IMPORT FROM PHOTOSHOP?!?!?!
Everyone does that but they don't let me in on the secret! :^EE (Mad person)

You have to make sure that your photoshop image is the same size as the map.
To create terrain in photoshop you must use black and white colors.
One of the colors is used for open space, and one is used for walls.(donยดt remember which)
After you have created your map, select the entire picture and select copy from the edit menu.
Then open mascot, create your level, and choose "paste PICT as smoothed FG tilemap" or "regular FG tilemap".

To create lightmaps you have to use different shades of grey instead, and this time you choose "paste PICT as lightmap".
Then you have to choose "level info" from the world menu and enter any number from 1-10 in the first of the fields with the word INFO in front.
(Bottom of the window)

------------------
"I didnยดt expect some kind of Spanish inquisition."
"Nobody expects the Spanish inquisition!."

Final Escape 1.0 - Is it just me that is having problems downloading this? Arghh!

(If I click on the download, I just get a new Netscape page with a bunch of code on it. If I try to drag it onto my desktop I get a Netscape icon. If I try to drag it to Stuffit Expander nothing happens.) I am not unacquainted with downloading but nothing I try seems to work.

I need my FW fix!

Zelda (or anyone else) check it out please? TIA.

------------------

Common error- just option click the link.

Nope - Option Click just got me the same Netscape document.
Anyone care to email me the unexpanded file?

------------------

Originally posted by MonsterLady:
**Nope - Option Click just got me the same Netscape document.
Anyone care to email me the unexpanded file?

Well..I didn't post this one to the addon page because I couldn't download it. I'm guessing spamguy could, so he did. So we'll have to ask him...so what say ya, Spamdudeth? What are we doing wrong?

---Zelda

------------------

I got it out just fine. Option clicking downloads the file, right? Ok, drag it into stuffit expander to get a .sit file. Thats how it worked for me.

Originally posted by Thok:
I got it out just fine. Option clicking downloads the file, right? Ok, drag it into stuffit expander to get a .sit file. Thats how it worked for me.

After Option clicking, I dragged the file to Stuffit Expander and got the following alert "Sorry but a disk related error (-39) has prevented the operation from concluding".

Just to check I downloaded some of the other add on files again and they worked fine. Also tried on my daughter's iMac and couldn't get it (Final Escape) to work either. Oh well, it's Monday now, so I should really do some work anyway (sigh).

------------------

That happened to me too. But after the unstuffing stoppped due to error -39, I saw a new file on my desktop, which was a .sit. Guess what came next?

I'm not getting an error message..but I can't open the stuffed file at all. I drag it to dropstuff..the application opens but it does nothing to the file. I can't get it to work at all and I've tried several times to download it. I can download other things off the addon page so there's not a problem with the entire page.

Thok, you were able to unstuff and use this file? I mean..I can download it fine. I just can't do anything beyond that.

---Zelda

------------------

Zelda:

Well, I finally got it to do something. Here's what I did:

Went into my preferences - applications - in Navigator and added a new one showing suffix .sea and the application Stuffit Expander.

Downloaded the file.

Double clicked on the file & opened with Stuffit Expander - got error message, but another file did show up.

Double clicked on the new file and opened it with Stuffit Expander (from the options that came up).

Then got a file with a Read Me (please) and FW World data file.

Now I'm going to see if that works.... Keep your fingers crossed....

---

Five minutes later - Well after all that - did one level and then sprites couldn't be loaded. I hope someone will follow up on the "Please read me" file with an email to poor F2001 and help out.

------------------

(This message has been edited by MonsterLady (edited 03-26-2001).)

I know how to get to level 2, but it requires some mascoting.. I guess I should e-mail him to help him out.