Graphics and Sprites

I need to know where I can get all of the original sprites for ev. I need them for outfits, ships, the target sprites, shipyard sprites, planets, everything or almost everything. This will really help me with the plug-in Im working on.

Thanks

Er, download EV. Or if you mean the 3D models (which, by the way, aren't called sprites), you're out of luck.

------------------

what Weepul means is that you can just open the data files for EV for the sprites.
as for the 3D models if you want the ones for EVO you can download them from the
EVO addons page.
but if you want the ones for EV like weepul said. you're out of luck...

------------------
(url="http://"mailto:JAce21@chollian.net")mailto:JAce21@chollian.net(/url)JAce21@chollian.net

Originally posted by J.Ace21:
**what Weepul means is that you can just open the data files for EV for the sprites.
as for the 3D models if you want the ones for EVO you can download them from the
EVO addons page.
but if you want the ones for EV like weepul said. you're out of luck...

This is probably a stupid question (hopefully it makes sense). How do you open the data files for EV. When you mean data files do you mean the icons EV data, EV Graphics, EV sound, EV music and EV Titles. If it is im not getting it because I do not know how to open them and get the stuff. Or when you say data files, is that something different? Also, when you say 3D models what are those? Are they different from the sprites?

------------------

What are you using to create your plugin? If you are using ResEdit, it's easy; just open the EV Graphics and EV Titles files and go into the PICT resource. They're all there. If you are using EV-Edit, create an EV plugin and all the EV ships should be listed under ships. Same for all other resources. To get their images edit them and go to sprites (I think...I haven't used awful EV-Edit in ages).

------------------

Originally posted by joekap:
**This is probably a stupid question (hopefully it makes sense). How do you open the data files for EV. When you mean data files do you mean the icons EV data, EV Graphics, EV sound, EV music and EV Titles. If it is im not getting it because I do not know how to open them and get the stuff. Or when you say data files, is that something different? Also, when you say 3D models what are those? Are they different from the sprites?

The EV datafiles can be opened with ResEdit. EV Graphics stores the graphics; EV Data stores most other resources; EV Titles stores some title pictures and the default landing picts.

You only need the 3D models if you want to re-render the ships, I believe.

------------------
Brooklyn. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

AIM: obormot345