Plug-in difficulties

Whenever I make any plug, this happen:

-The missions do not work properly. I do it right, but if I'm supposed to destroy a ship in "" system and return to "" stellar, I do it, and it either doesn't show any text of completion, as if I hadn't done it, or it does, and it doesn't lead to the next mission. I do the bits right, but it happens. Help.

For more details, I use only EV-Edit, for everything. Maybe I should use Res-Edit, but I'd have to learn, and that would be very annoying. Please help, otherwise I can't do a single good plug-in. Thanks.
-Gav

------------------
Shut ya mouth and know ya role.

You shall never beat me. So there.
-Gav

ĄGavin has entered the building!

Gavin=

1/8 computer nerd
1/8 fast biker
1/8 tv watcher
1/8 EVO fan
1/2 clubber and lady's man

hehe...

That's your problem right there. Learn to use ResEdit.

------------------
"The impossible is easy; it's the unfeasible that poses a problem."

Originally posted by Chrestomanci:
**That's your problem right there. Learn to use ResEdit.

Are you sure that will work? Or are you just being biased to Res-Edit? 😕
-Gav

------------------

-Gav

Gavin=

1/8 computer nerd
1/8 fast biker
1/8 tv watcher
1/8 EVO fan

hehe...

Yo, gavin. youre the one workin on the TC, right? Well, i have been trying to e-mail you some of my work for your plug. Have you changed your address?

------------------
Admiral Zombat
http://www.phyre.pyar.com

"What does not kill me, only makes me stronger."
-Some person

Originally posted by Gavin-Hardy:
...For more details, I use only EV-Edit, for everything...

Use Schmelta for missions! I never had any troubles and it's really easy to use. It won't be bad to re-check in ResEdit though.

If your bits are correct, maybe an other setting is wrong (combat rating, legal status, avail-percentage...). Although these are quite obvious 🙂

- Marko

Originally posted by Marko:
**Use Schmelta for missions! I never had any troubles and it's really easy to use. It won't be bad to re-check in ResEdit though.

If your bits are correct, maybe an other setting is wrong (combat rating, legal status, avail-percentage...). Although these are quite obvious 🙂

- Marko**

No, it's all right. Combat rating, legal status, everything. I can usualy accept them, they just never get completed. And I do EVO only work, and Schmelta-V is for EV, or so i know. I have it, and it will not load in EVO plugs. Though I give my congrats to Jericon (he developed it, right?), for it is great. I just need it for EVO! :mad:
-Gav

------------------

-Gav

Gavin=

1/8 computer nerd
1/8 fast biker
1/8 tv watcher
1/8 EVO fan

hehe...

Originally posted by Admiral Zombat:
**Yo, gavin. youre the one workin on the TC, right? Well, i have been trying to e-mail you some of my work for your plug. Have you changed your address?

Yo. It's JanGael@totalise.co.uk
Maybe you've been doing .net, which is wrong. Anyway, the TC depends soley on you. I have lost a lot of confidense with it, and I have even thought of giving it up. I haven't yet, though, so do don't fret, but if your graphics are good enough, I shall continue. Remember, it all depends on you, mate. That is, unless I can find a better graphics guy, but they are few and far between. I'm sure you're good at it anyway, and I hope you can produce some cool stuff. Anyway, enough in the topic about that. E-mail me or I'll e-mail you.
-Gav

------------------

-Gav

Gavin=

1/8 computer nerd
1/8 fast biker
1/8 tv watcher
1/8 EVO fan

hehe...

**No, it's all right. Combat rating, legal status, everything. I can usualy accept them, they just never get completed. And I do EVO only work, and Schmelta-V is for EV, or so i know. I have it, and it will not load in EVO plugs. Though I give my congrats to Jericon (he developed it, right?), for it is great. I just need it for EVO!:mad:
-Gav

Ok the solution isn't too hard. A) You can learn to use ResEdit (I suggest d/ling the Annonated Edition instead of the orignal, it's more useful) 🆒 You can take set up the EV data file which you copied for Schmelta-V with all the data from the EVO Data files (1+2). Then you can create all the missions you want for EVO using Schmelta-V. Then when your done, copy the mission resource and any STR# resources out of there and into your plug (via ResEdit of course). It sounds terribly complicated but if you think about it you can figure it out.

------------------
Coming Soon: MIRV Corp./Dendari Mercenaries Plug

Yahhh! Suddenly the earth is on my shoulders. Dont, worry, i rate my graphics pretty high, and you can count on me.

------------------
Admiral Zombat
http://www.phyre.pyar.com

"What does not kill me, only makes me stronger."
-Some person

Originally posted by Admiral Zombat:
**Yahhh! Suddenly the earth is on my shoulders. Dont, worry, i rate my graphics pretty high, and you can count on me.

Cool. 🆒
-Gav

------------------

-Gav

Gavin=

1/8 computer nerd
1/8 fast biker
1/8 tv watcher
1/8 EVO fan

hehe...

**No, it's all right. Combat rating, legal status, everything. I can usualy accept them, they just never get completed. And I do EVO only work, and Schmelta-V is for EV, or so i know. I have it, and it will not load in EVO plugs. Though I give my congrats to Jericon (he developed it, right?), for it is great. I just need it for EVO!:mad:
-Gav

Originally posted by me in the topic "Schmelta-V and EVO"...

"You can trick it itnto working for EVO by making a oringinal EV Data file and pasting al the EVO resources into it. Then you make your plugin, and change it to an EVO plugin. Which either requires changing the file type and creator type using res-edit or use EVOlution. Once you have the plugin finished with Schmelta-V, you go back in res-edit and add in the additional fields. That should work."

------------------
"Holy F***! He’s got my ass!!” - A friend of mine.

My website.

My Bulletin Board.

My Email - SmashMaster18@hotmail.com

My AIM Screen Name is “JolJvik”

I've got a really good way of turning EV plugs into EV/O plugs. Usually I just use EVOlution, but some of you have complained that it's too hard to find. Here's my easy way.

1. Get a programme that can change the file creator and data type. Such a programme is ResEdit.

2. Using ResEdit, open the disired EV file and select: "Get Info for this file" from the "File" menu.

3. A scary looking dialogue will pop up with lots of check boxes, ignore these, your looking for the two small text boxes called "Type" and "Creator"

4. If the file is for EV, the boxes should say: "Mp•f" in the type box and "M‘rc" in the creator one. These tell the computer what programme they are for, in this case, Escape Velocity.

5. You need to change the file so it is associted with EVO. To do this, change the "Type" to box to "Op•f" and the creator to "EsO"

6. The file should now be a valid EV: Override file.

NOTE: You can use this to change EV:O files back to EV files, but it might be a bit bugg, becuase the original EV won't be able to read some of the resources.

------------------
Learn to understand, and there will be nothing to know.

Oh, I'm sorry. Did that break your concentration?
I didn't mean to do that.
Please, continue.
I believe you were saying something about "best intentions."
-Jules. Pulp Fiction

"It's time for the human race to enter the solar system."
- Dan Quayle

"You guys line up alphabetically by height."
- Bill Peterson, Florida State football coach

Man walks into a bar...you finish it

"He must have made that before he died."
- Yogi Berra (on seeing a Steve McQueen movie)

It shouldn't be buggy at all if you turn a EVO file into an EV file. EV will ignore any field in a resource it doesn't understand. The same goes for the resources themselves EV will ignore any resource that it is not programmed to use.

------------------
"Holy F***! He’s got my ass!!” - A friend of mine.

My website.

My Bulletin Board.

My Email - SmashMaster18@hotmail.com

My AIM Screen Name is “JolJvik”

EVOlution? I have it, but I've never used it. So hang on, letme get this strsight. I go to Res-Edit. Then I open an EV plug-in file. then I delete all the contents. Then I pate all the data from EVO Data 1 & EVO Data 2. Then I edit missions ect. Then I go and put the plug into EVOlution and it turns it into an EVO plug? Is that it? 😕
-Gav

------------------

-Gav

Gavin=

1/8 computer nerd
1/8 fast biker
1/8 tv watcher
1/8 EVO fan

hehe...

**EVOlution? I have it, but I've never used it. So hang on, letme get this strsight. I go to Res-Edit. Then I open an EV plug-in file. then I delete all the contents. Then I pate all the data from EVO Data 1 & EVO Data 2. Then I edit missions ect. Then I go and put the plug into EVOlution and it turns it into an EVO plug? Is that it? 😕
-Gav

EVOlution WILL f-up your plug. Stay with the resource changing idea presented by the Necromicon. That's possibly the only way, unless you're willing to cut and paste. Hehe...trust me. It screws with the graphics...data is ok as far as I know, but your plug will be a dud if the graphics get screwed...PEACE YO!

BTW...did you know, the Quantumire plugs were made solely w/ EV-Edit? It might have a weird storyline and plot along with weird stuff...it's pretty cool...

------------------
~Kwanza~

"Quoted the Kwanza Man...nevermore"