"Mugabi and Destiny" and "Mugabi and Destiny... for her" are RELEASED!"

After two years of effort, my plug-ins "Mugabi and Destiny" and the version for female EV players, "Mugabi and Destiny... for her," are finally released.

They are for experienced EV players, and begin where the Alien storylines in EV leave off:

Following your fabulous success against the Alien Cruiser menace, you search for new adventure, and answers to the mysteries of your past. You will see things you have never seen, and do things you did not think possible. Mutiny, romance, death, sacrifice, suicide, irony, mystery, and destiny await you in an epic whirlwind adventure.
There are changes to virtually every aspect of Escape Velocity, but "Mugabi and Destiny" and "Mugabi and Destiny... for her" are designed to move along quickly and concisely. They also feature music, and some of the most impressive space objects and landing pictures ever to appear in EV.
Expect the unexpected.
The answer is out there, Captain.

Visit the "Mugabi... " Websites to preview the features, view the credits and links, use the support page, and DOWNLOAD the plug-ins:
(url="http://"http://members.home.net/mkloppers/mugabianddestiny.htm")http://members.home....ianddestiny.htm(/url)

and
(url="http://"http://members.home.net/mkloppers/mugabianddforher.htm")http://members.home....ianddforher.htm(/url)

Ambrosia Software has the plug-ins, and they will soon also be available from the Add-ons for EV.

Thank-you, good luck, and let me know what you think.
Martin (Gandalf)

------------------
Mace means no.

Gandalf, all I can say is 'amazing.' This is the best plug-in I have ever played. Ever. Sorry Martin Turner, this one takes the cake. The graphics are beautiful, the music is great, and the story is very, very good. I haven't completed it yet (I am on the disable the Orc carrior mission) but from what I've seen, this is a real killer in the plug-in world. If you ever need a graphics designer for another plug, or a sequal, just ask me.

------------------
--
"Do or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

My first responses:

1. Nice PIRATED illegal use of John Williams music. Granted, It wouldn't be if your plug was a Star Wars plug, but it's not. That's a big turn off.

2. I like how your stardock Alpha goes from a nice confusing piece of geometry to a shot up confusing piece of geometery.

3. I love those multipe spobs combining to make the sun. Way cool (no sarcasam).

4. I would recomend updating the cloaked ships when EVO 1.0.2 comes out.

5. This is to Dave: I guess you haven't seen any of Matt Dailey's work. It'll blow our mind.

That's all for now.

------------------
Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes?

Originally posted by Dinoman:
**My first responses:

1. Nice PIRATED illegal use of John Williams music. Granted, It wouldn't be if your plug was a Star Wars plug, but it's not. That's a big turn off.

2. I like how your stardock Alpha goes from a nice confusing piece of geometry to a shot up confusing piece of geometery.

3. I love those multipe spobs combining to make the sun. Way cool (no sarcasam).

4. I would recomend updating the cloaked ships when EVO 1.0.2 comes out.

5. This is to Dave: I guess you haven't seen any of Matt Dailey's work. It'll blow our mind.

That's all for now.

Thank-you for the replies/comments. To reply to Dinoman's comments above:
1)You are correct. Good Ears! It is a clip from The Phantom Menace, and is such an infectiously exciting few seconds I could not resist. I provided credit for this clip on my Credits... Webpage of the plug-in Website. It is not for profit, no-one else will profit, it is very short, and it will promote the original work of music. John is not going to mind.
2) I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic about the "shot-up confusing..." Stardock Alpha, but I am flattered that you found it confusing. I was going for a "conundrum"-like appearance, but I thought I had failed entirely!
3) Thank-you!
4) I'm not sure what you mean...EVO? Please let me know...
5) Matthew Dailey (Grand Novice) contributed to some of the ships in Mugabi..., and he is given credit on my Website as well. I agree, Matt's ships (especially his new ones) are nothing less than stunning.

For Dave: Thank you very much! I am certain that Martin Turner's computer knowledge absolutely dwarfs mine, however! I tend to rely on my creativity, and a RIDICULOUS amount of trial and error.

------------------
Mace means no.

(This message has been edited by Gandalf (edited 05-18-2000).)

Originally posted by Dinoman:

Um, I have seen some of Matt Dailey's work. Oooh, nice shiney graphics. Big deal. Sure, they look great (and the graphics for the aliens were used from Matt Dailey's free stuff place I believe. I've also seen the Ritolo in a free shipyard...but the spöbs are what I am talking about.) I have EVGE, and some other plug, I think its Pale (might be something else) that has the entire set of EV graphics re-rendered. Pretty nice, but I still like the sböbs in MD more.

Well, I've completed the plug now. Kind of short, but great. Chances are that all the music used in the plug are from some obscure movie no one has seen (besides "Duel of the Fates" by John Williams). Who cares. He picked the right music to enhance the the mood. Notice how all they happy endings to missions are on Octerrone where there is happy music? As far as I can tell, he isn't trying to take credit for it.

------------------
--
-Yoda

About the Star Wars music: Myself and two of my friends have taught ourselves the entire lightsaber duel between Maul and Obi-wan and Qui-gon. It took a LOT of times watching the movie to get tha down.

------------------
Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes?

Right. Want a life, Dino? I got one for sale, cheap.

-Skunks

------------------
Enginners can actually hear machines talk to them. The rattle in the car's engine teases softly, "I'll bet you can't find me." The computer hums an approving tune when the enginner writes an expecially briliant peice of computer code. The toaster says "Not yet, not yet, not yet." untill the toast pops out. An enginner who is surrounded by machines is never lonly and never judged by apperance. These are friends.

I agree this is the best plug I've ever played.
You are going to make the other spobs bigger
like levo, earth,.... right?

------------------
[ J_Ace21@hotmail.com ](mailto: J_Ace21@hotmail.com "E-mail Link")

what's the difference between the male and female versions?

------------------

Originally posted by J.Ace21:
**what's the difference between the male and female versions?

I'm guessing there almost identical, except in the female version you rescue a male alien. I'm only guessing, of course. I haven't bothered to download the 6MB stuffit file...for her. (Woah, I just realized something. Are there even any girls on the EVO board? I mean, I've always considered EV/O to be a "Guy Game." I'm not saying anything against females, but tastes tend to change with gender).

------------------
--
-Yoda

(This message has been edited by Dave Lesovoy (edited 05-19-2000).)

Dave L/J.Ace21:
Regarding the female version, the framework is the same (main story, missions, spobs). However, the entire story was revised under the watchful eye of a female french schoolteacher (my roomate, who loves video games and was especially impressed with EV) to provide the female perspective. The DOCS (Read-me, the I-Am-Really-Stuck file, etc.) were also written to complete a female gaming experience.

Regarding the spobs: The large spobs really slow the game down for some computers, including mine, and so I opted to make select systems impressive, and keep the overall pace/tempo high. It also provides contrast.
And, the plug-in size was becoming a factor.... Some spobs took 4 maxed-out seperate PICTS to piece together.

Regarding who the female EV players are: Basilisk, for one, and the artist Clare (who made the beautiful candy-like landpict for the manipulated Octerranoe surface), and there are others....You may have conversed with some and not known it!

------------------
Mace means no.

Originally posted by Gandalf:
**Dave L/J.Ace21:

Regarding the spobs: The large spobs really slow the game down for some computers, including mine, and so I opted to make select systems impressive, and keep the overall pace/tempo high. It also provides contrast.
And, the plug-in size was becoming a factor.... Some spobs took 4 maxed-out seperate PICTS to piece together.

That is true... with me also. This is a processor problem right? it won't help to give EV HUGE amounts of RAM?
Because my computer was to slow it took me 2 tries to complete the destroy Orc Starship mission. I'm running
from that orange ball but the ship just doesn't turn like i'd want it(I'm using a 8500/180-604e)

------------------

Originally posted by J.Ace21:
**That is true... with me also. This is a processor problem right? it won't help to give EV HUGE amounts of RAM?
Because my computer was to slow it took me 2 tries to complete the destroy Orc Starship mission. I'm running
from that orange ball but the ship just doesn't turn like i'd want it(I'm using a 8500/180-604e)

In reality, the fusion homing weapon (orange balls) is simply very fast/agile. With a slower processor like ours, the gameplay slows down to create all the stuff flying around the screen, and I think with everything slowed down it is a distinct advantage for us as players to be given those few extra moments (to use asteroids as shields,etc.). With a faster processor the action should be fast/furious and harder, but probably more fun.

------------------
Mace means no.

Gandalf, M&D...; for her is fabulous! Music, graphics, and story are beautiful. Very nice touch. Sequel?

M&D; absolutely rocks!
Looking through the EV bible, I still don't get how all the tricks were done. "Bending the engine' wow.