What is the ppat in evo for #128

can anyone tell me whats that for and also how coem the shields and armour got moved to a pic?

------------------
The Great Expansion - An upcoming total conversion of EVO

http://thegreatexpansion.8m.com

Originally posted by Phillip:
**can anyone tell me whats that for...

ppat #s 128-137 are the interference you see in systems that are in nebulas.

... and also how coem the shields and armour got moved to a pic?

Damfino

------------------
Joe Burnette

"I find that humans can be divided into only two meaningful categories: Decent Humans and Sonsofbitches; both types appear to be evenly distributed
among all shapes, colors, sizes, and nationalities." -- Keith Laumer

If you're asking about the ppat resource in the actual EV Override application, that's the star background displayed behind a planet in the communications window. It's new in 1.0.2, I think Matt Burch made some comment in his log about it. Well, it's not that important.

Shield and armour got moved to a pict so that people wanting to rework the interface have full control. Previously the old armour display would come in on top of whatever interface you had. Messy, with some of the nice, upgraded interfaces available.

And don't ask me what an Ares Moderator is doing answering questions here... I don't know myself. So don't ask.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

If the ppat is for the comm dialog, then why is there also a PICT named "Comm Background" or something like that? (don't ask me what the resource id is, my mac is in the other room...)

I guess a simple way to tell for sure would be to change one of them and go to the comm dialog.

BTW, is it possible to use a ppat larger than the originals when replacing the interference ppats?

------------------
Knucklehead, Aeon Productions

=======================

(Insert witty remark here)