Andrew? EVO preferences question: can 1.0.1 & 1.0.2 both be played on same computer?

Does anyone know whether playing EVO 1.0.2 will change up something in the preferences so that it will mess up the current game I am playing in EVO 1.0.1 (and Vice Versa)? I downloaded the full copy of 1.0.2 (not the upgrade) and was going to put in my registration number, and it was already done! I assume this means that 1.0.2 is making use of the preference files for 1.0.1.

I really don't want separate games to affect each other, and I want to start playing 1.0.2, so anyone who knows, please respond. Thaks.
Jude

------------------

Originally posted by Jude:
**Does anyone know whether playing EVO 1.0.2 will change up something in the preferences so that it will mess up the current game I am playing in EVO 1.0.1 (and Vice Versa)? I downloaded the full copy of 1.0.2 (not the upgrade) and was going to put in my registration number, and it was already done! I assume this means that 1.0.2 is making use of the preference files for 1.0.1.

I really don't want separate games to affect each other, and I want to start playing 1.0.2, so anyone who knows, please respond. Thaks.
Jude

I'm not sure about this, but remember that your registration number is not stored in the prefs file. It's stored in the Override License file, which is separate from the prefs. It may be that the two versions use the same license file (which would make sense), but different prefs. Of course the second part is just speculation.

------------------
Brooklyn. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

AIM: obormot345

Originally posted by Jude:
**Does anyone know whether playing EVO 1.0.2 will change up something in the preferences so that it will mess up the current game I am playing in EVO 1.0.1 (and Vice Versa)? I downloaded the full copy of 1.0.2 (not the upgrade) and was going to put in my registration number, and it was already done! I assume this means that 1.0.2 is making use of the preference files for 1.0.1.

Jude

Yeah, it'll work fine -- the only potential problem I can see is that it might try to remember your last pilot from each game.

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.

I've tried it, and yes, it does work fine. As for the pilots, If you give a unique name to each version of the application, the computer will keep track of it correctly. Also, make sure the pilot folders have a different set of pilots in them, so you can tell them apart.

------------------
Knucklehead, Aeon Productions

=======================

(Insert witty remark here)