About ResEdit plugin making... (And instant mask-making ways!)

With a new plug, do you have to have all of the ships in the original EVO and everything? or do you just have to make another one (ship) in the Shďp rescource, even if it is no. 128 i.e the starting ship?
Also, for all of you usuing adobe photoshop: I have found a way to convert sprite pics into masks without having to make two documents and changing the surface texture! Just open your sprite in photoshop, Go to "adjust" under the "image" menu, and go to threshold. Change the threshold to 1, and voilá! instant mask!!

------------------
Admiral Zombat
"so I messed up, shut-up!" Eddie Murphy, Saturday Night Live

Hmm you will have to have ship resources for all of EVO's ship resources if you're making a total conversion. If you are just making an add-on to the EVO scenario, just add new ships; you needn't include the old ones again.

------------------
"His Strangelove All-Purpose Do-It-Yourself Defensive First Second or Third Strike Indestructible Fantastic State-of-the-Art B-Ware Offensive Attack Bomber can't compare with our M & M E & A Sub-Supersonic Invisible and Noiseless Defensive Second-Strike Offensive Attack Bomber."
- from Closing Time , by Joseph Heller.

Another mask-making technique: If you open up Claris, there's a tool that we like to call the "magic wand". It selects all colors that are the same as the one you click on. Select the black, drag, and instant mask!

------------------
Dan! The food's gone!

Originally posted by Thursday:
**Another mask-making technique: If you open up Claris, there's a tool that we like to call the "magic wand". It selects all colors that are the same as the one you click on. Select the black, drag, and instant mask!

Not really. Sometimes it doesn't select the whole thing - it only selects the black adjacent to the black that you click - so if there is anything left over, you have to hold down shift (or some other modifier key - I don't remember) and click the remaining black. I've run across sprites which require several clicks.

BTW, what non-instant mask techniques do people use anyway? These ways are pretty much the only ones I've heard of, so they're not really anything special.

Mike Lee (Firebird)

Originally posted by Firebird:
BTW, what non-instant mask techniques do people use anyway? These ways are pretty much the only ones I've heard of, so they're not really anything special.

I render my masks. =D

------------------
OpenGL Avara!

AIM: EVAndrewM

Who's General Failure and why's he reading my disk?

Originally posted by Andrew M:
**I render my masks. =D

Same here; I make a different version of my ships pure white with no shadows and use pict to sprite or something like that to put it together (I used to stitch it together by hand, ick! 😉 )

------------------
-Shade

<-------- The information went data way -------->

(url="http://"http://www.theonion.com")The Onion, America's finest news source(/url)

Originally posted by ShadeOfBlue:
**Same here; I make a different version of my ships pure white with no shadows and use pict to sprite or something like that to put it together (I used to stitch it together by hand, ick!;) )

yea, but that takes too long. 😄

------------------
Admiral Zombat
"so I messed up, shut-up!" Eddie Murphy, Saturday Night Live

Heh...I use the Threshold also, but on certain ships, ie: an alien ship with black dots on the hull, Threshold makes a mask with black dots all over it...thus concluding that I also render masks...=)

------------------
~Kwanza~

"Quoted the Kwanza Man...nevermore"