Some plug questions

I have some questions about making plugs. some of these are probably kinda
obvious.

1. Is there a color depth limit for the pics I use in my plug(i don't think so but to be sure)?

2. What's the max size for ship/weapons/spob spins(my guess: 72/?/?)

3. What are the sizes for the ship/outfit icon and pic(the one under the desc)?

4. I'm using Infini-D. Can anyone tell me good camera/light angles and give me some tips???

5. I'm trying to use Strata-3D but.... help...

any help would be appreciated..

BTW. I posted a plug that has a weapon like the Flak Cannon is Ares. Is that the flak weapon that's going to be in 1.0.2???

------------------
[ J_Ace21@hotmail.com ](mailto: J_Ace21@hotmail.com "E-mail Link")

Originally posted by J.Ace21:
**I have some questions about making plugs. some of these are probably kinda
obvious.

1. Is there a color depth limit for the pics I use in my plug(i don't think so but to be sure)?**

EV and EVO run in 256 colours - no more, no less. All graphics must be of this depth, or the engine gets snitty.

2. What's the max size for ship/weapons/spob spins(my guess: 72/?/?)

I forget, but I'm pretty sure your max is 128 x 128. Most people are cautious about using graphics above 64 x 64 though, because older machines slow down horribly using larger sprites.

3. What are the sizes for the ship/outfit icon and pic(the one under the desc)?

32 x 32 for the little one, and 100 x 100 for the larger one.

4 & 5. I'm trying to use Strata-3D but.... help...

I haven't played with Strata much recently, but from what I remember it's not too bad to use. Do you understand about node types? If so, you're pretty much set and problems you have are user interface issues. Persevere!

~R~

------------------
"The nature of all software is to be inherently broken and non-functional, otherwise it would lose its essential softwareness. Software is not software unless it sucks."

-- Sami Lempinen f1sale@vuokko.uta.fi

Originally posted by Rooster:
**1. Is there a color depth limit for the pics I use in my plug(i
don't think so but to be sure)?

EV and EVO run in 256 colours - no more, no less. All graphics must be of this depth, or
the engine gets snitty.

Note that the 256 colors used is the standar 256-color system palette. custom palettes (CLUTs) may be used for splash screens/startup pictures but nowhere else.

------------------
Joe Burnette

"I find that humans can be divided into only two meaningful categories: Decent Humans and Sonsofbitches; both types appear to be evenly distributed
among all shapes, colors, sizes, and nationalities." -- Keith Laumer

thx.

I still need to know
Good Camera/Lighting positions to use with Infini-D.
and some good instructions for making good
ships.

------------------
[ J_Ace21@hotmail.com ](mailto: J_Ace21@hotmail.com "E-mail Link")