Problems building a plug-in (please help!)

I'm tring to build a plug-in and the weirdest things are happening to me.

First, ghost ships. Even if I have not made any new ships (no shďp ressources), I saw, in a system I made, 3 ships on my scanner. Actually, they only appear there, not on the screen. When I select them, all 3 have no target graphic, no name, just this: No shields. I can hail them, and they are hostile. As soon as I get off the planet in this system, they go away fast (really fast!) to beyond a corner of the game screen (if you didn't know, after a while of going in the same direction, you hit an invisible wall. Proof that the unierse is square...) I thought this was from the përs's I wanted to intervene in a mission, but I removed them and the problem remains.

Second, inefficient particle beam. I wanted to make a super strong beam but it simply doesn't work. It doesn't affect other ships. Is there a maximum strength for beams? And, just curious, is it possible to give a real graphic as a beam? not just a negative value that points to a color?

Does any body know what could be causing all this?

Thanks in advance,

Gorizo

------------------

gorizo wrote:
First, ghost ships. Even if I have not made any new ships (no shďp ressources), I saw, in a system I made, 3 ships on my scanner. Actually, they only appear there, not on the screen. When I select them, all 3 have no target graphic, no name, just this: No shields. I can hail them, and they are hostile. As soon as I get off the planet in this system, they go away fast (really fast!) to beyond a corner of the game screen (if you didn't know, after a while of going in the same direction, you hit an invisible wall. Proof that the unierse is square...) I thought this was from the përs's I wanted to intervene in a mission, but I removed them and the problem remains.

Sounds like you forgot to remove the dudes, open the system rescource, scroll down to "dude types" or something, and make sure they're all set to 0 (even the "% prob" thing)

gorizo wrote:
Second, inefficient particle beam. I wanted to make a super strong beam but it simply doesn't work. It doesn't affect other ships. Is there a maximum strength for beams?

keep it under 32767 and it SHOULD be fine, although i'm not sure.

gorizo wrote:
And, just curious, is it possible to give a real graphic as a beam? not just a negative value that points to a color

nope, sorry.

------------------

The beam problem might be caused by an error in EV that I heard about. If the inaccuracy of the beam is set to 0, the beam seems to do no damage. Dunno if that's the problem here though.
As for the ghost ships, try reinstalling EVO from the original compressed file. I get a problem a bit like this occasionally after I've been poking around in EVO's resources. EV-Edit does this all the time, so don't use this to look in the EVO data files.

Hope this helps.

Seph

------------------
"Only two things are infinite -- the universe and
human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Originally posted by Sephyr:
**The beam problem might be caused by an error in EV that I heard about. If the inaccuracy of the beam is set to 0, the beam seems to do no damage. Dunno if that's the problem here though.

no. that's not it. I've made a plug with a beam inaccuracy set to 0 and it worked fine. 🙂

------------------
[ J_Ace21@hotmail.com ](mailto: J_Ace21@hotmail.com "E-mail Link")