Plug-in help

Hi, I am making a plug-in for EV / EV O called Havsen, but am a bit stuck at making my outfits/weapons.
Could any of you nice people out there help me???
πŸ™‚

------------------
kill the hamsters
gerbils are superior

Can you qualify a bit more? What sort of problems are you having?

Try reading the EVO Bible Annotated Edition, found in the add-on files section on the escape-velocity.com site as 'evobae.' Lots of great tips from one of the more noted plugin creators.

------------------
"His Strangelove All-Purpose Do-It-Yourself Defensive First Second or Third Strike Indestructible Fantastic State-of-the-Art B-Ware Offensive Attack Bomber can't compare with our M & M E & A Sub-Supersonic Invisible and Noiseless Defensive Second-Strike Offensive Attack Bomber."
- from Closing Time , by Joseph Heller.

Originally posted by gerbil320:
**Hi, I am making a plug-in for EV / EV O called Havsen, but am a bit stuck at making my outfits/weapons.
Could any of you nice people out there help me???
πŸ™‚

like ColdFusion said the evbae will probably solve most of your problems.
the programs I use when I make plugins are
ResEdit(of course)
EV Developer's Map
make spin (if your making your own spins..)
Schelmta-V(a must for missions)
EV Formula Calc (this makes it alot simpler)
Plug Checker (catches alot of the bugs)
some of EV-Edit (crashes alot and messes the plug up so always backup)
of course I also use the evbae.
all of the above you can get on the addons page.

BTW. what's the newest version of EV Developer's Map. I have on but I thinks
it's old(I move systems with the arrows and I can't edit spobs) and where can
I get it?? confused

------------------
[ J_Ace21@hotmail.com ](mailto: J_Ace21@hotmail.com "E-mail Link")

Originally posted by J.Ace21:
BTW. what's the newest version of EV Developer's Map. I have on but I thinks it's old(I move systems with the arrows and I can't edit spobs) and where can I get it?? confused

As posted on the "EVO Developer's Map" Topic, the new version will be for both EV and EVO, but the current EV version can't even edit SpΓΆbs (Though EV-Edit does a halfway decent job of that). I believe the arrows are the only way to move systems with the EVDevMap.

I've also noticed the "confused" phrase in many of your posts, J.Ace. If you're trying to make the confused smiley...
then I have no idea how. I've tried it myself, and the little question marks just don't show up.

------------------
"I don't know, Marge; trying is the first step towards failure"
-Homer Simpson

(This message has been edited by ConfusedGuy (edited 05-14-2000).)

The problem is that I'm no good @ making them. They all turn out rubish.

------------------
kill the hamsters
gerbils are superior

Um... so you want someone to actually make the weapons because when you make them you get weapons that don't do what you want them to? 2 solutions. Use the EV/O weapons as standards, or email me at maridian@metallica.com and I'll do them. Just tell me what.

BTW, the confused smiley? I could be a bastard and say READ THE SMILIES LEGEND link, but I'll save you the trouble.

it's not confused it's πŸ˜•

If you're wondering why that didn't turn into a smiley, it's coz I disabled them for this reply. If you do πŸ˜• it will work. Same for :mad: :eek: :rolleyes: and πŸ†’

That should help...just don't overuse them. Most people here (including me) find it downright annoying to see 20 smilies next to each other. One is enough.

------------------
<INSERT SIG HERE>

AOL/AIM: EVmaridian

Publicity Stunt: Er...after finally getting Pale to d/l properly I guess there's no need for publicising MY plug-in... =(

Originally posted by ConfusedGuy:
I've also noticed the "confused" phrase in many of your posts, J.Ace. If you're trying to make the confused smiley...
then I have no idea how. I've tried it myself, and the little question marks just don't show up.

πŸ˜• πŸ™‚

do a colon confused colon

------------------
[ J_Ace21@hotmail.com ](mailto: J_Ace21@hotmail.com "E-mail Link")

Gee, do I feel stupid...

When I tried the smiley before, either the question marks didn't show up, or my computer needs a new screen.

J.Ace, I know I've said this before, but your email tag isn't working!!! There shouldn't be a space between the tag and your address.

πŸ˜•

------------------
"I don't know, Marge; trying is the first step towards failure"
-Homer Simpson