To Martin Turner.....

I wondered if you have ever considered making a patch that makes a FH game out from the EVO folder. That is, (after registering your own creator code) the user open the patch, tells it where the EVO folder is and an "updated" version of the EVO folder is made where all the resources are replaced and added, as well as icons, file names and such.

I recall you that you once wanted FH to be "EV 2", but Ambrosia didn't go for it. I just wondered if you ever thought of allowing the user to have a seperate FH game that keeps things from getting screwed up by:
later on allowing things like FH only plug-ins (you have your own creator code..) to be used in the FH-plug-ins folder.
Having FH pilot files...
And of course, you'd STILL need a EVO registeration number

I turned a copy of the EVO folder into a completely new FH one and I thought it turned out quite well.... just wondered if you ever thought of the same...

------------------
tear it down

I'm not actually sure how to do this. Would you email me on martin.turner@unforgettable.com. This sounds like a very interesting idea, and if you've already done it, it makes sense to go with your version.

Frozen Heart 2 is underway. So far, there's an entirely new interface, some much better graphics, a lot more worlds and the plot of Flight of the Eagle. I would say that I'm about 1/3rd done, so nobody hold their breath.

I'll be looking for Beta testers in a couple of months, I think.

------------------

M A R T I N • T U R N E R

I've been messing around that sort of thing. I took a break from it after i got the new plugin creator code working. I was going to post about it once it was done but it's not yet. Tell me if you want me to keep working on my version. If not, I really don't mind because i have other projects right now anyway.

------------------
"I was under the influence of medication when I made the decision to burn the tapes."

Richard Nixon

Email -- SmashMaster18@hotmail.com
AIM -- JolJvik

Soviet mikee wrote:
**I wondered if you have ever considered making a patch that makes a FH game out from the EVO folder. That is, (after registering your own creator code) the user open the patch, tells it where the EVO folder is and an "updated" version of the EVO folder is made where all the resources are replaced and added, as well as icons, file names and such.

I recall you that you once wanted FH to be "EV 2", but Ambrosia didn't go for it. I just wondered if you ever thought of allowing the user to have a seperate FH game that keeps things from getting screwed up by:
later on allowing things like FH only plug-ins (you have your own creator code..) to be used in the FH-plug-ins folder.
Having FH pilot files...
And of course, you'd STILL need a EVO registeration number

I turned a copy of the EVO folder into a completely new FH one and I thought it turned out quite well.... just wondered if you ever thought of the same...

Atmos figured out how to do that in Nova b.1.0.. Quite clever I might add. Ask them how to do it, it's truly a neat effect. And to quote everyone's favorite atmos dude..
(grin)

~Bomb