Ship Icons

I know EV-Edit is buggy, I know I shouldn't be using it but I'm using it anyway for making ships my new plug-in. Of course, I have a problem within the first hour. The stupid piece of crap refuses to let me import an icon (the little shipyard picture) for any of the ships. How do you do this in ResEdit, someone tell me please before I go crazy.

------------------
"There is no prostitution in China; however, we do have some women who make love for money"

-Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson

AIM/AOL:Nador26

Yahoo Messenger:OctoberFost

Simple; copy the image and paste it into the plug via ResEdit.

------------------
OpenGL Avara!

AIM: EVAndrewM

"You believe what's written in that thing?! I was probably drunk at the time."
-Matt Burch

Of course, you have to know the proper ID. Get Formula Calc or the Annotated Bible for that.

------------------
Analysis, Mr. Spock?

AIM: obormot345

OctoberFost wrote:
**I know EV-Edit is buggy, I know I shouldn't be using it but I'm using it anyway for making ships my new plug-in. Of course, I have a problem within the first hour. The stupid piece of crap refuses to let me import an icon (the little shipyard picture) for any of the ships.

What's EV-Edit telling you when it refuses to import the image; that is, does it give you an error message of some kind? If you have saved a tiny ship icon as a separate PICT file, normally EV-Edit should accept and import it without any problems...

------------------
PlanetPhil
what is to give light must endure burning

Maybe import isn't the right word. It dosn't let me USE a pic I imported. It uses the same image for the spin and the icon, cheap piece of ****. Wait a minute, it isn't cheap, he thinks someone will actually pay MONEY for that!

------------------
"There is no prostitution in China; however, we do have some women who make love for money"

-Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson

AIM/AOL:Nador26

Yahoo Messenger:OctoberFost

OctoberFost wrote:
**Maybe import isn't the right word. It dosn't let me USE a pic I imported. It uses the same image for the spin and the icon, cheap piece of ****. Wait a minute, it isn't cheap, he thinks someone will actually pay MONEY for that!

I haven't paid yet, though I think I should. I do use the program...

You may want to take the others' advice and just cut and paste using ResEdit to get your PICTs into your plug. I still wonder why EV-Edit is doing this to you, though; I just used it myself a couple of days ago to import a thumbnail icon without any trouble...

I had already saved the tiny image as a PICT. I opened the ship file in EV-Edit and clicked on 'Sprites.' Under 'Res ID' I selected 'Ship Icon' and then punched 'Load New.' Then I drilled down through folders to get to the icon I wanted and clicked OK: the icon was chosen. Is this what you did; if so, at what point did EV-Edit go awry?

------------------
PlanetPhil
what is to give light must endure burning