EvEdit problems

What is the EVO equivalent of the EV Tuner? In the GETTING STARTED section it says to make an alias of it. I tried the Sample Plugin but it didnT work. any help?

-------------------
"Zort."

------------------

Don't use EV-Edit, it sucks, and will create more work for you than its worth as it will screw up your plug. Use resedit and the EVO bible, it has a bigger learning curve, but once you get used to it, you will realize that its much better than having to always go back and fix everything EV edit screwed up.

Chamrin

Chamrin wrote:
Don't use EV-Edit, it sucks, and will create more work for you than its worth as it will screw up your plug. Use resedit and the EVO bible, it has a bigger learning curve, but once you get used to it, you will realize that its much better than having to always go back and fix everything EV edit screwed up.

Lesse all that is f•cks up seems to be missions.

------------------
OpenGL Avara!

AIM: EVAndrewM

The chance if you being Bill Gates is 1 in about 6,000,000,000.

"You believe what's written in that thing?! I was probably drunk at the time."
-Matt Burch

Actually EV-Edit has been known to screw up parts of plugs that you WEREN'T EVEN EDITING! It's so bad that one time it made my plug like 780 MB. Then it's screwed around with other resources of the plug and blew them up to like 20-30 MB per ID.

It's junk. Any serious plug developer would use ResEdit for most of it, if you plan to use EV-Edit, back everything UP!

------------------
tear it down

Soviet mikee wrote:
**Actually EV-Edit has been known to screw up parts of plugs that you WEREN'T EVEN EDITING!

I would love to hear that story...

------------------
PlanetPhil
what is to give light must endure burning

I really wish i hadn't looked at this topic, but it's too late now.

I used to use EV-edit for systems and spobs. It managed to do them fairly nicely, only crashing 1 in 10 times. Schmelta-V for missions, dudes and pers.

Resedit for everything else.

BTW, now that EVO developers map is out, I can delete EV-Edit. 🙂

------------------
Three years and my pizza still isn't here.

Maybe I should call.