Mine Plugin

I am making a plugin which would allow you to capture, then sell (or use) floating space mines. Since I do not have EVO at the moment (no net connection on my Mac), could someone tell me the following info:

ID of the mine layer (weap)
ID of the mine layer and mine (outf)
Proximity and blast radii of the mine

Thanks.

------------------
We come in peace, shoot to kill, shoot to kill, shoot to kill...

a few problems with that...

1. it's gonna be dang near impossible to make a plugin without actually haveing the game

2. you can't capture the mines (there's nothing in the game engine that will let you)

------------------
"I was under the influence of medication when I made the decision to burn the tapes."

Richard Nixon

Email -- SmashMaster18@hotmail.com
AIM -- JolJvik

Jol'Jvik wrote:
**a few problems with that...

1. it's gonna be dang near impossible to make a plugin without actually haveing the game

2. you can't capture the mines (there's nothing in the game engine that will let you)

It's not like I'm new to the game... I've played it since it came out. Besides, I've installed it once more, now.

As for capturing mines... well, you'll just have to wait and see. 😉

------------------

Jol'Jvik wrote:
**2) you can't capture the mines (there's nothing in the game engine that will let you)

Actually, if the mines were acually fighters that couldn't turn and when they fired their weapon it was strong enough to blow themselves up, too, and the launcher was actually a bay, I think you could do it, but the mines would have to be disabled.

------------------
-Shade

"Cannibals are people to."

(url="http://"http://www.theonion.com")The Onion, America's finest news source(/url)

(This message has been edited by ShadeOfBlue (edited 04-03-2000).)

ShadeOfBlue wrote:
**Actually, if the mines were acually fighters that couldn't turn and when they fired their weapon it was strong enough to blow themselves up, too, and the launcher was actually a bay, I think you could do it, but the mines would have to be disabled.

Very good, Shade! I congratulate you on excellent logical skills. (no sarcasm) That's exactly what I'm doing. You're wrong on two counts, but not too far off.

------------------

Actually, your idea isn't as origional as you think. The New Horizons Plugin for EV has you attack asteroids (ships with a fighter bay that turn hostile when you shoot them, and expell the little rocks e.g. fighters you pickup using a bay with them as their ammo, and titled as "cargo bay")

The hard part is having the big asteroid blow up after one shot, but not before giving out all the fragments you collect and sell. ( and having the fighters disabled correctly...)

------------------
~(^..^)

Yes, I know that it's been done in some form, but you'll see some original thought in my plugin. Besides, I think the mine outfit description in EVO lends itself to this quite well, and this particular instance hasn't yet been adapted.

------------------