Help with colors!

I wondered if anyone knew of a decent graphics program I could use that could reduce 32 thousand to 256 colors WELL. I am not talking about a program that makes it look just the same as if I look at 32000 with a 256 color screen. Something that can makes a 32000 color picture look good with the 256 system colors.

Anyone know of any programs that I could download to do this? If someone has a proffesional program that can do this, but I can't download I would GREATLY appreciate some help... thanks.

------------------
tear it down

GraphicConverter does a nice job

------------------
The Great Expansion - An upcoming total conversion of EVO

http://thegreatexpansion.8m.com

Yes, but not a minimizing colors unfortunatly. All it did was make it look exactly like a 32000 picture on a 256 color screen....

------------------
tear it down

Photoshop! Yes, I know, you're all poor, and can't afford it, but get a demo or something... or use Edrinware.

------------------
We come in peace, shoot to kill, shoot to kill, shoot to kill...

How do you do it in Photoshop?

------------------
tear it down

Well, you just go to Mode->Indexed Color, and select 256 bit. The good part is, you can select options to dither, or not, you could try different color encodings, etc, and then convert your picture back into the original color format with the color depth changed. I know this sounds confusing, if you want a detailed explanation, email me the file (achmiz@email.com), I'm slightly good with Photoshop.

------------------

Hmm, don't you mean 8-bit? 256-bit is a bit high 🙂

------------------
Mazca

Moderator, EV Developer's Corner.
Roses are red
Violets are blue.
I'm schizophrenic
And so am I.

](http://www.jpw.op.nu "External link")

Mazca wrote:
**Hmm, don't you mean 8-bit? 256-bit is a bit high:)

Actually, I'd say it's about 248 bits high 😛

------------------
Knucklehead, Aeon Productions

=======================

(Insert witty remark here)

Hmm, don't you mean 8-bit? 256-bit is a bit high

Yes, exactly. 256 colors, 8-bit.

------------------