A few words and a plea for help...

Alright, many of you know that I am running an EVO RPG, more
specifically the unofficial EVO-RPG, which frankly, I consider second
best to blazers.
Hopefully if you've read this you've been to my RPG, seen it, perhaps
even play in it (and enjoyed it or hate it, either way).

The RPG has many dedicated people and has had some really rough times,
mainly because of all the work it takes to maintain.

Why is there so much work? Well there are tons of things to do. Players
moves, missions, techs, systems, battles...everything.

And all throughout this, I've been trying to mimic EVO and paste it onto
html to make it a cool RPG, the closest thing to a multiplayer EVO we
have.

Well, its finally dawned on me on what to do, the pure obviousness of
what i realized makes me laugh my ass off just thinking about it.

Why not make the RPG into a plug.

But not just any plug. A plug that has all the new ships and weapons,
all the new systems, the governments, ALL THE INFO in the plug, which
can be constantly updated for the players. It will be a totally new way
to play, because no longer will their be tons of pages to go through,
but each week (or maybe twice a week) you'll get to d/l the plug (or
updates, or whatever) to see what went on.

Essentially, it will be just like the same old RPG, but cross-referenced
with an ongoing plug (that will be playable).

This means tons of new things. If you want a scan, you can merely jump
into the plug and go into the system, you can easily find out what new
planets there are (same goes for ships and weapons) and major missions
and events can easily be relayed to everyone in the RPG.

I'm hoping this idea will work out very well. I've been thinking about
it and it will be a hell of a lot easier to modify a few things in a
plug than modify 40 html pages whenever I can.

This is where I need your help. This is the 2nd EVO plug that I will be
developing, and it will be a hell of a lot larger than the first I made.
If anyone (from the RPG or not) would like to help with this plug, I
would appreciate any help you can deliver. Mainly what will need mofied
are the: govs, ships, weapons, systems, descriptions, dudes.

Of course, since the RPG is based off EVO, it wouldn't be a TR, just a
plug with heavy modifications.

I hope to get a decent version out before my spring break is over (8
days).

So, if you want to help out, I would be more than grateful. Thanks a lot
for reading.

CS

If you wish to help out, I'll need people for these jobs:

2 Graphics Designs (one who can actually make graphics, they don't need to be extremely great, but decent, and another one who has some way of finding cool graphics).
1 misn editor (fairly simple, all you'll need to do if modify the cargo missions and add a few bar missions)
1 sys/spob editor (very easy, since I'll be helping out with that as well, and with Pontus' EVO Dev map out...very simple)
2-4 editors (for all the other stuff, ships/weapons/desc/pers/dudes/fleets. I'll be helping out with this as well).

As I said before, this IS going to help contribute with the RPG (its not going to change the rpg, it will just consolidate everything, make it a lot more easier) but this plug WILL also be released.

After all, this is a plug that portrays what could have happened in EVO, literally decided by many diehard EVO fans 😉

CS

Ow! (sound of Weepul's logical side smacking him) Ah, ok, I think I could do some graphics, especially if they don't have to be super...I've been doing super lately and it's taking way to long. But, for the graphics contest it has to be super. But supposedly not here.

I think I just straightened my thoughts, don't mind me.

So, how many ships would you be looking for, and to what quality? I think you've seen my better works, and I wouldn't want to be doing those now, and I don't really think I should be accepting any (more) things to do now...but do you mean EVO quality, EV quality, slightly above EV and EVO, or what?

So, after I know generally how much work I'll be getting myself into, I can see if I can do this.

-Weepul 884, very sleepy in the morning

P.S. would you be wanting outfits too? I can do outfits if I have time...

(This message has been edited by Weepul 884 (edited 03-12-2000).)

Hey, I'd be glad to help. Sounds like an imposing project.

------------------
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."
-Gen. Jack Ripper, Dr. Strangelove

Captain Scurvy wrote:
_If you wish to help out, I'll need people for these jobs:

2 Graphics Designs (one who can actually make graphics, they don't need to be extremely great, but decent, and another one who has some way of finding cool graphics)._

Well, I'm definitely not a graphics expert or anything, although I play around with them. I might be able to help out a bit in this area. And you may need more that two graphics people . . . decent graphics take time.

1 misn editor (fairly simple, all you'll need to do if modify the cargo missions and add a few bar missions)
1 sys/spob editor (very easy, since I'll be helping out with that as well, and with Pontus' EVO Dev map out...very simple)
2-4 editors (for all the other stuff, ships/weapons/desc/pers/dudes/fleets. I'll be helping out with this as well).

Unfortunately, anything that involves Res-Edit I would probably screw up. Not because I can't learn how to do it, but because my PC is rather limited in the Mac area. 🙂

I think you missed something though. Might need a couple of people to test the plug before it gets released to the general public every week . . . something along the lines of beta-testers, perhaps? 😉 Then again, perhaps you've got them all lined up and ready for testing . . .

_As I said before, this IS going to help contribute with the RPG (its not going to change the rpg, it will just consolidate everything, make it a lot more easier) but this plug WILL also be released.

After all, this is a plug that portrays what could have happened in EVO, literally decided by many diehard EVO fans 😉

CS_

As I've said before, I like the idea. I say go for it!

The only problem I can see is the RPGers who don't have EVO or Macs, although I'm sure you've got that all figured out too. 🙂

Pixel

Using UBB code for the first time ever
Hopefully it won't explode on me . . . 😛

I'l' do missions,desc,dudes,fleets, anything that dosen't involve graphicsI'm at Aircad@angelfire.com

------------------
Lance,Captain of the White Swan.

I have just begun to make plugs (in the past few weeks), and I am a horrible artist, but I have no social life, and would have nothing better to do than put stuff in ResEdit (ship stats, weapon stats, etc.). I have a fairly good sense of how to balance things like speed and strength, or power and cost, and I do know what is possible and what is not (at least, in making plugs).

However, all my plugs before have been for EV. I have never made an EVO plug, and actually haven't played the game much (I started off with EV, and just kept going). (another) However, I would like to get around to playing EVO soon, as I've heard it is very good (and not too awful different from Galactic Scourge, which I HAVE played). So, I would be interested in making plugs for this project, as long as EVO plug development isn't a whole lot harded that EV plug creation.

------------------
"The only thing we have to fear is Disney being bought by Bill Gates"

Captain Scurvy wrote:

Simple missions? I'll do them, but I will also do ANY missions you need. I can manipulate mission bits very cleverly for fails, visbits, anything. I'd want to be able to, I've had EV, with 2 bit fields per mission. (plus the failbit).
So if you have any complicated campaigns, ask me.

Any other resources I'm average at, although I do good names and descriptions.

(Don't tell me I'm arrogant, I already know.)

------------------
Three years and my pizza still isn't here.

Maybe I should call.