Memories(RAM) are made of this!

I was wondering if the EV engines ability to resize sprites based on the size information in the spin resource has any influence upon performance or Ram requirements? and to what extent does it effect the quality of the sprite other than the Inevitable pixelation if you increase the size.
Basicaly what I'm asking is- is it easier to use this rather than resizing sprites in Photoshop like i'm doing at the moment?

Sorry about the cheesy title I couldn't help myself :eek:

------------------
#Stormbringer#
"some would say that
it possesed both a mind
and a will. others will
claim it to be a demon in
disguise. some believe it
composed of the vestigal
souls of all damned
mortals trapped
within."

[mailto:jr.watkins@virgin.
net](http://mailto:jr.watkins@virgin.<br />
net)jr.watkins@virgin.
net

Stormbringer wrote:
**I was wondering if the EV engines ability to resize sprites based on the size information in the spin resource has any influence upon performance or Ram requirements? and to what extent does it effect the quality of the sprite other than the Inevitable pixelation if you increase the size.
Basicaly what I'm asking is- is it easier to use this rather than resizing sprites in Photoshop like i'm doing at the moment?

Sorry about the cheesy title I couldn't help myself :eek:

I am guessing here, but since EV has to do more things I would guess it affects the processor time needed. I can't see any reason why more RAM would be needed, less if anything as the image would be smaller.

------------------
Mazca

Moderator, EV Developer's Corner.
Roses are red
Violets are blue.
I'm schizophrenic
And so am I.

](http://www.jpw.op.nu "External link")

EV wont resize a sprite, it will just make the image look strange. If you want to try this for yourself, copy the sprite of any ship in the EV/O universe (it works better with a common ship) into a plugin. And then change the 'x' and 'y' values by about 5 or 10. Save it, close it, start up EV/O. Check out the results. It may look kinda cool when the AI is flying it but try to fly it yourself!!! 🙂 🙂 It's almost impossible to make it fly the way you want it too. If you look away for even a second it becomes hard to see what direction your facing. :frown:

Try it.

------------------
Umm...Yeah...ok.