EVO Developer's Map 1.01b

(url="http://"http://members.chello.se/wmb12729/ev/evomap.html")http://members.chell.../ev/evomap.html(/url)

f(x) = sin x
f'(x) = cos x
f''(x) = -sin x
f'''(x) = -cos x

Hey, I had to put something in the message!

------------------
If all is not lost, where is it?

Pontus, I've been using the previous version today and I think that it will really kick start the EVO plug-ins world, which has been languishing a bit recently.

Keep up the good work (I'm just off to download this version).

Regards, and tak.

Martin

------------------

M A R T I N • T U R N E R

I just started with the new version and I think all the improvements are great. I really only have two suggestions. Once you've made a new nebula theres no way to move it around. It gets annoying when you dont get something where you want it and you have to delete it and try again. Also, I think you should add a zoom feature. It would be helpful to be able get in closer and see the systems that are really close together. Aside from that, the new release is a wondorful tool. I made more new systems today than i would have been able to make in a week with res-edit.

------------------
Umm...Yeah...ok.

I agree with Martin - the EVO plug-in world has several years of life left, and we have to make the most of it.

Anyway, Pontus, good work. Very nice. A suggestion though:

Put the old loading scheme back in, with "Open Plug-in" (for total conversion plug-ins like the E3 universe) and "Add Plug-in" (for plug-ins with multiple data files, or expansion plug-ins).

Right now it's not too much of a concern except for multiple data files - you can't do it if nebulae are in a different file or something. When Martin wants to do his work, he has to combine it into one file or something right now probably; it'd be easier. Otherwise it's find because it's sort of a cross - you can open both expansion plug-ins an total conversions.

Aside from that, of course it'd be great if it's possible to hunt down and squish out the bugs, but if it's not easy enough it's great already as it is.

Mike Lee (Firebird)

Jol'Jvik wrote:
I just started with the new version and I think all the improvements are great. I really only have two suggestions. Once you've made a new nebula theres no way to move it around.

I quote my webpage. "To prevent accidents you have to option-click nebus to select or drag them."

Also, I think you should add a zoom feature. It would be helpful to be able get in closer and see the systems that are really close together.

To zoom in, type +, to zoom out, type -.

------------------
If all is not lost, where is it?

oh.

------------------
Umm...Yeah...ok.

Sorry I didn't read the Read-Me before but i have now. Anyway, on the system map when you command click it brings up a menu of all the sytems underneath the cursor, how about putting a feature like that in the planet map within the system. I tried to make a planet with more than one port and it took a while to get it right. If you added a command click feature here it would help make this a lot faster.

------------------
Umm...Yeah...ok.