EVO Schtuff!...

Ok, now that you clicked it, please read and help me with ideas and opinions....

Background: (dont read if you already know about GWII) My plug-in is a "sequel" to the EVO universe that adds the plot of EV into the universe of EVO 5-10 years later. Somethings will be the same, other things like UE Cruisers and M. Gunships will already exist. Its like having hooking EV and EVO together in a EVO universe you never helped alter.

This topic: Northern EVO space. Miranu and Strands (Zachit and Strandless included)

What new things would you like to see for the different governments? Such as different types of missions, new ships, new outfits... etc. -As long as it is NOT biased to one government (ie: Make Zidagar weaker by....). I was thinking of making a larger Zidagar ship, like a Crescent Warship with 4 or more Zid fighters... the Zids are known for speed and numbers, whats your take on this brainstormed idea?

I need something new for the Igadzra... but I am stuck. Their missions are rather secretive in the game... so I will keep that attitude, but no ideas on weapons or ships... should there be any? Whats your take?

Same thing with the Azdgari, I will keep the raiding and nomadic base idea, but any new ships or weapons I should have?

Would anyone buy the idea of Miranu Freighters (blue or orange) that had fighter bays on them? I will have the Gunships too... how is this for the Navy line-up...
Crescent Fighter (with missles..), Arada (like Zachit), Gunship and "Carrier"(?).

I think I will just drop the Zachit seperation and just make the Miranu and Zachit one.

And other ideas partaining to the Northernsection of the EVO map?

------------------
RIP THE SYSTEM!

Well my opinions are...

1. Have some of the standless break off and form a new stand
  2. I would only believe fighter bays on blue miranu (or maybe a new type, like a green freighter that was larger than the other two)
  3. Give the zidgar a new ship instead of a cresent warship (make it fit the zidgar standards though(e.g. fast, manuverable)
  4. Make a new cresant fighter that is faster and stronger that pirates only have
  5. Have miranu space expand beyond the asteroid belt
  6. Make missions that have side effects that change sytems other than the ones delt with in the mission(i like the way those make it feel your not the only on i the galaxy who does anything important)
  7. There is one system that claims to have the only safe hyper route outside the galaxy, expand on that(make a small section of space outside the galaxy)
  8. Give the civilions new ships
  9. And above all else set the year resource ahead a little bit( i hate it when people forget that)

------------------
Umm...Yeah...ok.

Well my opinions are...

1. Have some of the standless break off and form a new stand
    ---Left some info out... The Strandless and the human independents formed a Confederacy with new ships, which allowed them to remove ALL southern renegades. The renegades that left joined the Northern ones and took over a few Miranu planets...

2. I would only believe fighter bays on blue miranu (or maybe a new type, like a green freighter that was larger than the other two)
    ---Good idea, maybe take the basic courier, change its color and add a "bay looking things" like with the Freighters...

3. Give the zidgar a new ship instead of a cresent warship (make it fit the zidgar standards though(e.g. fast, manuverable)
    -----Hmmm.... but how large should this ship be? How many fighters?

4. Make a new cresant fighter that is faster and stronger that pirates only have
    ----Zachit Fighter is that already.... I shall use that as the standard fighter in Miranu space....

5. Have miranu space expand beyond the asteroid belt
    -----Actually, since the Renegades of the south joined the ones up north, much of the Asteriod belt is owned by the Renegades...

6. Make missions that have side effects that change sytems other than the ones delt with in the mission(i like the way those make it feel your not the only on i the galaxy who does anything important)
    ----Have planned! In fact, you take systems that basically "win" for the side you are working for. By the End of the Emalgha AND UE missions, you take parts of the Voinian Empire that will soon lead to its fall, but you don't actually see it...

7. There is one system that claims to have the only safe hyper route outside the galaxy, expand on that(make a small section of space outside the galaxy)
    ----hehe did. Its actaully an integral part of the plot....

8. Give the civilions new ships
    ----Shall see about that... I may

9. And above all else set the year resource ahead a little bit( i hate it when people forget that)
    ----Yes, it will actually be the year 2300 or so. It takes place AFTER EV, so just ignore the idea that EVO took place in 2150... it will be less confusing when its out...

Good ideas, keep 'em comin' folks! Feel free to add on or argue anything as well...

------------------
RIP THE SYSTEM!

What about giving the Azgardi their own warship, rather then the repainted cresent warships that they use now...

The Zidigar could use a bigger ship, but I would try and keep it smaller then any of the other strands warships. I would also only give it 2 to 3 fighters as well, trying to keep the Zidigar in fleets rather then making more of a carrier type vessel.

I doubt that the Igadzra would need to replace the Igadzra within 5 to 10 years. If you want something new for the Igadzra, a scoutship class vessel would sort of fill a bit of a gap. A futuristic version of an Arada would be cool 😉

I seem to recall that you are also going to be reviving some original Confed EV ships, so I'm not sure how many more ship resources you'll have to play with though...

------------------

This is a really small thing, but, you could give the phase guns a little inacuracy, just a small bit, so that its easier to use the stationary versions.

Oh yeah and, the beams on zidigar figters do nothing, maybe make them hurt people.

An idea for an azgadri warship could be (now this is describing it) sort of 4 wings, shaped like the fighter but bigger, and a long neck, like a kestrel kind of, and a head, with bridge. Fast launghing fighters are good, or you could make them all launch at the same time.

On the thing with the freighters, yes i would buy it, in fact once i converted say 70 tons of my heavy m. freighter to weapons, and loaded up with a fighter bay an phase turrets. The m. light freighter makes a nice alternative to a freight courier, and is deadly with three turrets.

-----------------
"How can i make it go faster"? -Me-

(This message has been edited by Adzara (edited 03-08-2000).)

Something new besides phase cannons! Maybe some glowing green bolts.
The Zidara looks gay, give them something like a proportion-warped UE Cruiser-shaped thing. Something like a torpedoe, the SAE and SAD modules seem worthless if you're in any place with the slightest bit of interference. Sometimes it seems like your own jamming equipment messes up the modules you just launched. New pirate-exclusive vessels, scrappy lookin but cool too.

------------------
All work and no beer make Homer something something...

An idea for the Igadzra: An external engine. It would be a ship with the only weapon being a bay for one Igadzra. It would have fairly low shields, or maybe just armor, but enough to deploy the Igadzra before being destroyed in a fight. The idea would be that the Igazra is often to slow to help out smaller Igadzra vessels (kinda confusing when the government and the ship you're talking about have the same name) befoer they're destroyed, much less jump between systems, so they developed a huge external engine that would dock and undock the Igadzra. The engine/ship thing would carry the Igadzra to wherever it was needed and then undock with it and let the Igadzra take care of business. So that it wouldn't be unfair, the engine/ship would be kinda slow but still an improvement over the Igadzra's speed, and it would be helpless befoer it undocked with the Igadzra (actually, it'd still be helpless, but the Igadzra could take care of the enemy.)

Oh yeah, you'd kinda have to make it have like a tube covering or maybe just a cover over the top 'cause obviously it wouldn't change whenever the Igadzra docked/undocked. And you guessed it, I'd be willing to work on it. 🙂

-Shade

-Shade
Hmmmmm....... the problem with that is ships IMMEDIATLY launch their fighters first. The fact that one could also take out the bay easily and destroy an Igazra is also a toughie....

I think a better solution might be an intermediate ship between the Aradas and Igazra. Like something that's fairly fast, but with alot of weapons. Something slightly bigger, but can deliver more fire than the Arada.

What I mean is, the ship could deliver a quick and massive attack and on a ship.....

Hmm... that brings up what a main weapon idea would be, like a circular wave type device that causes damage to all surrounding ships (that could really hurt enemy fighters....

Or, like a beam or beam like weapon that puts a massive forward attack on the enemy. Hmm... outta ideas for now....

------------------
RIP THE SYSTEM!

kberg wrote:
**What about giving the Azgardi their own warship, rather then the repainted cresent warships that they use now...

The Zidigar could use a bigger ship, but I would try and keep it smaller then any of the other strands warships. I would also only give it 2 to 3 fighters as well, trying to keep the Zidigar in fleets rather then making more of a carrier type vessel.

I doubt that the Igadzra would need to replace the Igadzra within 5 to 10 years. If you want something new for the Igadzra, a scoutship class vessel would sort of fill a bit of a gap. A futuristic version of an Arada would be cool 😉

I seem to recall that you are also going to be reviving some original Confed EV ships, so I'm not sure how many more ship resources you'll have to play with though...

I tried that, didn't like it very much. Instead I got shade working on a main ship for the Confederation and that other ships will be made from Crescent Fighters or by Shade or someone... I dunno yet. Depends on how the main ship looks....

------------------
RIP THE SYSTEM!

mikee J wrote:
-Shade
Hmmmmm....... the problem with that is ships IMMEDIATLY launch their fighters first. The fact that one could also take out the bay easily and destroy an Igazra is also a toughie....

I see what you mean; the engine/ship would see it's enemy, and then launch the Igadzra before it reaches the enemy so it still takes the same time for the Igadzra to reach the enemy. That would indeed be a problem.

Another idea that doesn't have to be for any particular government: space turrets. They would be a carried ship, but seem like just a free-floating turret. The ship would launch one in an area and when an enemy came in range it would fire at it (it would'nt be able to move.) The problem here is again the AI. They'd just launch the turrets anywhere, and I don't know whether they'd know to head back over them to pick them up, so it'd probably only be useful to a player.

-Shade