Deadlock plugin

I am happy to announce that the dust is being blown off the old Deadlock plugin, once known as both Lapse and Dark Portal. Current stats:

18 new ships, with all new graphics, soon to be 38. None of this "take the rebel cruiser and make it a different color and call it a new ship" crap.

120 outfits, with close to 60 weapons - all new graphics.

Hmmm... there's not really that much else that people really care about about a plugin than graphics... 😉

No estimated release date yet - I hate deadlines. Also, no story. I'm just gonna worry about the bare-bones for now.

Kyle Moeller
Creator, Dark Portal

------------------

Kyle Moeller wrote:
18 new ships, with all new graphics, soon to be 38. None of this "take the rebel cruiser and make it a different color and call it a new ship" crap.

Oh, you mean "Take a crappy program and make a new crappy ship that looks awful that no one will use the plug because its graphics are waaaaay to crappy and lack any talent" sort of crap =P

Not that I am at any point to judge your graphics... but I have rarely seen any graphics that were in with the look of EV/EVO graphics. Most suck... big time...

------------------
Unix for business
Linux for development
BeOS for media
Mac OS for productivity
Windows for solitaire

I disagree. The thing I look for most in a plug is a gripping story line which involves me, and some really difficult adventures. I can see good graphics on Lexx/Farscape/Babylon V/TNG any day of the week.

For my money TOPS mods is one of the best small plugs out there, even though it introduces no new graphics. Likewise Eye of Orion, which introduces a handful, but where the play is really in the story.

------------------

M A R T I N • T U R N E R

Heya, Kyle! How're you doing? Recovering well?

I'm glad to hear you're back in buisness (at least to the point of developing for EV). To mikee J: you are right, you aren't at any point to judge his graphics, but I am - they rock. Be assured.

Yes, graphics are my life, but take that star wars or whatever plugin: all weapons, ships, and graphics, no missions. Used it for about a day. Then again, the only plugin I've played through is Final Battle... Make the story good. People will dump something that's all graphics and no content into the circular file.

BTW Kyle, are you going to enter in the EVO graphics contest?

------------------

Hey Weepul, how's it goin? Yes, all is goin' well in the skatin' industry. Got discharged from the hospital (I had to get transferred to Rapid City, South Dakota to get better medical stuff) on Jan. 12, and am back at home with no permanent injury or anything. So hey, all is well in my life.

Thanks for sayin my graphics rock, Weep. I'll send ya a preview of the graphics in the plug so you can like look em over and all that, and tell me what to do with em, like how they can be changed - and was that first reply saying that my graphics suck? Hmmmmmm... I'll show him 😉

Well, skate season has just broke and I got my first day of skating in last week - which was also my inspiration for working on the plug, also. Basketball season is over, so I get to divert all my energy to my girlfriend and skating! This is awesome. I've finally learned the ever-elusive mctwist which GASP "could have ended my life" according to the doctors. haha - I showed them.

Oh well, I'll show the world the plugin when it is ready to see what The Lord bringeth them 😉

Kyle Moeller
Creator, Dark Portal

------------------

oh yeah - HELL NO IM NOT GONNA ENTER THE EVO GRAPHICS CONTEST! EVO IS THE DEVIL! ALL HAIL EV, NOT THAT UNINSPIRING WORK THAT AMBROSIA NEVER SHOULD HAVE RELEASED CALLED EVO! ALL DISOWN EVO! ALL HAIL EV!

Kyle Moeller,
Product Basher, EVO

------------------

Kyle Moeller wrote:
oh yeah - HELL NO IM NOT GONNA ENTER THE EVO GRAPHICS CONTEST! EVO IS THE DEVIL! ALL HAIL EV, NOT THAT UNINSPIRING WORK THAT AMBROSIA NEVER SHOULD HAVE RELEASED CALLED EVO! ALL DISOWN EVO! ALL HAIL EV!

Actually, it's the EV/O Graphics Contest

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.blackrockmac.com/ajm/sig.html")~AM~(/url)

"Je deteste Wyndoze!"
-Me.

Join #dragonmac on SorceryNet!

Kyle Moeller said:
"could have ended my life" according to the doctors. haha - I showed them.

All I have to say is, don't get delusions of invulnerability. Make a mistake like that again and it might. Oh yeah, also that it's great that you've recovered, that was somewhat miraculous.

Andrew M said:
Actually, it's the EV/O Graphics Contest

Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't sure, but I thought it was to be safe I've been saying EVO.

------------------