Unreasoning hostilities

In the plug I'm working on, my player's pilot file has a clean record in all systems. But as I visit a Confederation system, any Rebels there will open up on me; when in a Rebel system, Confed ships attack me at will. Ditto with the smaller Lethean/Cydonian conflict; each side views me as an enemy when I'm in an enemy's system. The governments in the plug are not set to attack the player in non-allied systems; of course, with a clean record throughout, you wouldn't think it would matter anyway. Has anyone else had this problem (corrupted pilot file, perhaps??), and are there any fixes? Any help would be appreciated.

------------------
PlanetPhil
friend to those who need no friends
enemy to those who have no enemies

What kind of ship you in? Is it one your plug-in adds? If so did you set a government for it? If you set a government for a ship that government's enemies will attack it always, even if the player is a pillar of society or something like that.

------------------
"You all look like happy campers to me. In fact, you are happy campers. You always have been happy campers. As far as I'm concerned, you'll always be happy campers."

-Dan Quayle on a 1990 state trip to Samolia

OctoberFost wrote:
**What kind of ship you in? Is it one your plug-in adds? If so did you set a government for it? If you set a government for a ship that government's enemies will attack it always, even if the player is a pillar of society or something like that.

The ship is one that the plug adds, and it is a variant of a government's warship, but I took care that this particular model of ship was assigned to no gov't at all. I'll double-check to make sure...though even that government attacks me if I'm in a system belonging to its enemy. Urrghh. Radiskull must think...

------------------
PlanetPhil
friend to those who need no friends
enemy to those who have no enemies

Hmm..legal status is based on a govt.'s legal tolerance- so, when the bible says 4 is decent individual, it means 4 TIMES that government's legal rating. So, if a government's tolerance is 4, you can have up to 15 "good points" before you are a decent individual there.

So, you might have, say, five "good points" in a system. Since your status there is positive, their enemies attack you.

This doesn't seem to be much of a problem in EVO...

Hope that clears something up,

U-99

U-99 wrote:
**Hmm..legal status is based on a govt.'s legal tolerance- so, when the bible says 4 is decent individual, it means 4 TIMES that government's legal rating. So, if a government's tolerance is 4, you can have up to 15 "good points" before you are a decent individual there.

So, you might have, say, five "good points" in a system. Since your status there is positive, their enemies attack you.

Four times , eh? Jeez. But it's food for thought...

In the short term, I'm using a new pilot file altogether. So far, so good--no unreasoning hostilities--but will play around with the old pilot file in the future to test your theory. Thanks much to you and OctoberFost.

------------------
PlanetPhil
often in error, but never in doubt