Out of Memory Error

I'm sure this topic has come up a lot on this discussion board, but I'm new. I've been playing EV for a few years, though.

The problem-I tend to make plug-ins that replace the EV universe-none of you have seen them because none of them are finished. But once they pass a certain size, my computer will only run them with the extensions disabled.

I figure there's a conflict between my plug-in and a system extension, but I don't know which one.

I've run Plug Checker that many times that I've abolished every single error, but it still happens.

I've got EV running on over 20MB RAM, but that doesn't help either.

If anybody knows (or has a suggestion) on how i can fix it, please help me!

Well, alot of "error of type 2 / memory errors" are to do with conflicts within the plug, almost always a spin looking for a pict that isn't there. If this is the case I suggest you CAREFULLY check your spins...

The extensions you have would not be in conflict with EV/O, I don't believe there would be a normal extension that could do that...

When does it tell you you are out of memory, after the startup screen, if thats the case (especially if the startup screen inverts its colors) then it IS a spin conflict.

------------------
Unix for business
Linux for development
BeOS for media
Mac OS for productivity
Windows for solitaire

That's been a possibility for a while, but I have checked EXTREMELY carefully and all the ID numbers match. I'll look again, to make sure, but is there anything else to do with the Spins, such as size being too big, incompatible, or something, that might have helped?

And yes, it says there's an error about the same type my statup screen inverts itself.

------------------

Maridian wrote:
**That's been a possibility for a while, but I have checked EXTREMELY carefully and all the ID numbers match. I'll look again, to make sure, but is there anything else to do with the Spins, such as size being too big, incompatible, or something, that might have helped?

And yes, it says there's an error about the same type my statup screen inverts itself.

Definitely sounds like a spin problem. You should check not only ID#s, but the size of each sprite (and mask) and the number of frames against the spin resource. Don't overlook weapon and spob spins/sprites either, could be one of those.

------------------