I need Ideas for government names...

In a plug that I am making I will have 2 new governments.

The first government is a technologically advanced government. They are the good guys in the plug.

The second government is a primitive, cannibalistic race. They are extremely evil.

The story goes like this:
The good guys are exploring the galaxy. Along the way they find a primitive race. Being peaceful they decide to give the primitives some of their advanced technologys. All is well and good for a while, but the primitives start learning fast and start making their own advancements. Pretty soon the primitives amass a fleet of warships and take the good guys by surprise. The primitives are able to take most of the galaxy away from the good guys before they fight back. You must fight on either side of the war in a series of missions.

Anyway, I need good names for both races.

Raddy

Sounds good Raddy. I saw your topic, and I've made some names off the top of my head. I do this a lot, but it's still hard. Sorry if they suck.

Amaran
Teldar
Yuraen
Phailen
Inarus
Lizst
Neoran

These would probably be better used as race names, actually. Oh well, back to the old drawing board...

------------------

Try re-arranging the letters and names of their describing words.

Such as primabal, ok that sucked, umm Cannitive? Hmm oh well to much thinking....

I devolped names for certain classes of a race one time doing stuff like....

Warrior -Riorraw (genetically altered for fighting)
Labour -Roubal (guess....) -switched two letters, sounded better-
Elite -Etile (hmm....)

Hmm, I had some others, but I forget. It usually came out well doing that because it uses normal sounding names, without sounding to alien or weird. No "..arrz" or "Thl...." in the name....

Just experiment...
Alien -Neila
Registered -Deretsiger
Smilies -Seilims

I don't recommend compound words like "Password", bad to reverse....

------------------
Unix for business
Linux for development
BeOS for media
Mac OS for productivity
Windows for solitaire

(This message has been edited by mikee J (edited 02-10-2000).)

I get most of my inspiration (I am doing some stuff, but I'm not showing anyone- yet) from typos. Heck, 'UL' was a typo the first time!

------------------
-Basilisk-

"Future Shell Cup matches may be played with an orange instead of a white ball."

AIM: EVBasilisk

Basilisk wrote:
**I get most of my inspiration (I am doing some stuff, but I'm not showing anyone- yet) from typos. Heck, 'UL' was a typo the first time!

Heh, I like it 🙂
As for me, Im a kind of trekkie, and get some inspiration from that, otherwise just things I see while I am walking around the place - as the saying says, sometimes truth is stranger than fiction!!!!!!

Oh, and Mikee. What's wrong with 'drowssap' - get rid of one of the Ss and you have a semi-decent government!!!!!
Ok then, a challenge:- see how many names could you get out of 'Antidisastablishmentarianism' 🙂

-Out

------------------
- Cast out by society, loved my few, the Outcast's life is not a happy one.

(This message has been edited by Outcast (edited 02-11-2000).)

(quote)Outcast wrote:
**(QUOTE)Basilisk wrote:

Ok then, a challenge:- see how many names could you get out of 'Antidisastablishmentarianism'

-Out

**(/quote)

Or 'counterurbanisation' :

But to find government names I usually pound the keyboard... here, I'll do it now:

I got some possbiles like: woicimir delak havagh out of one line..

Mazca

------------------
Mazca

Moderator, EV Developer's Corner.
Roses are red
Violets are blue.
I'm schizophrenic
And so am I.

(/url)

How about the Veron imperium, or the te'rok