Whats wrong???

ok, i made this plugin for EV, now it works fine, EXCEPT when i buy some outfits (that are weapons) they dissapear the second i leave the outfitng area, whats up with this!??!?! i have remade the %@#$%&@ plugin 5 times, and each time it %#@@$ up!!!!

------------------

Did you try giving the program more memory?

------------------
Sleep?! Oh yah... I did that last week!

Mordon wrote:
**ok, i made this plugin for EV, now it works fine, EXCEPT when i buy some outfits (that are weapons) they dissapear the second i leave the outfitng area, whats up with this!??!?! i have remade the %@#$% &@ plugin 5 times, and each time it %#@@$ up!!!!

Do the outfits actually disappear, or are they just not listed in the ship 'extras' display? That could be a problem with the 'STR 's - either you didn't make them or gave them the wrong ID numbers. If the outfits are actually disappearing, it could be that you did not link the 'wëap' and 'oütf' resources correctly. If the weapons require ammunition, did you also create the resources for that?

Probably there are some other possibilities that I can't think of now, but check those and see if any of them is the problem.

------------------

hrm, try deleting the oütf resources and entering again. What If has similar problems sometimes. Anyway, what programme are you using? ResEdit?

------------------
--blackhole

(url="http://"mailto:blackhole@mac.com")mailto:blackhole@mac.com(/url)blackhole@mac.com

Did you try giving the program more memory?

It has 15-30 megs!!

Do the outfits actually disappear, or are they just not listed in the ship 'extras' display? That could be a problem with the 'STR 's - either you didn't make them or gave them the wrong ID numbers.

They DO actually dissapear, they have to have 'STR 's because they replace existing outfits.

If the outfits are actually disappearing, it could be that you did not link the 'wëap' and 'oütf' resources correctly. If the weapons require ammunition, did you also create the resources for that?

I'm pretty sure that their not falsely ID'd (example: a outfit with a mod type of '1' and a value of '138' and a weapon with an ID of '138', will this work?) so far none of the weapons have ammo, or should i say they have unlimeted ammo?

hrm, try deleting the oütf resources and entering again. What If has similar problems sometimes. Anyway, what programme are you using? ResEdit?

you mean re-doing the oütf resource? ok I'll try it.... tomorrow... oh and im using ResEdit.

hey some one replied!!

------------------

I had this same problem in trying to use EV stuff in EVO.

I dont recall why it did that but:
Make SURE you are using the right templates

If nothing else do this:
If you are making a turret, duplicate an existing turret and modify that, for both outfit AND weapon.
Remember, just make sure the weapon has the sprite ID. Then for the oufit make sure it has the right weapon ID (you can have a #200 outfit using a #150 weapon)

------------------
Unix for business
Linux for development
BeOS for media
Mac OS for productivity
Windows for solitaire

Hmm, that's a strange problem - the only cause of this problem that should exist is the fact that the outf does not have the right ModVal, and that doesn't seem to be the problem. I'd triple check that and make sure you have the right ID and it doesn't overlap or anything.

Beyond that, I'm sorry, but I wouldn't know what the heck is going on.

Mike Lee (Firebird)

ARRRGHH!!!!!! i tried everthing, remaking the defective rescources, copying the rescoures from the EV data and modifying them, i replaced the 'TMPL' with the ones that came with the EV bible, (i was using the same one anyway) i checked the modvalues 7 times, AND THEY'RE ALL RIGHT!!! AGGHAAA!!!!! WHATS WRONG!?!?!?!?!?!

------------------

YAY!!!! I GOT IT WORKING!!!!.... wait this doesn't make sense, if i put the weap ID's 10#s higher (i.e. 136 becomes 146), and change the outf mod values to the same it works? but if i have exactly with just 10#s lower it doesn't? ummm thats f#$%#@ up.. oh well it works!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

------------------