What about Paramount?

Could somebody please get the original pictures of Star Trek ships, galaxy, planets, etc...

Why waste all the time doing not so good remakes of the real thing when we might be able to get the REAL thing? Just a thought.

Zeta

------------------

Original pictures, dear sir, those are MODELS.
Not only that, but its a copywrite violation to freeze images from a movie and put them into a game without using permission.

Try not to insult the graphics to much, I realize alot of them are poor and unmatching. But, we do it for free, people who never worked in games at all are designing plug-ins, give 'em a break.

------------------

To Mikee J,

I don't think you've had much work in what I'm talking about have you? The Star Trek 'models' were all created in Infini-D. Today they are probably made in something like what you would find at Silicon Graphics. But my "dear sir", the last time models were used was during the original Star Trek Series and the Generations explosions.

Sincerely,
Zeta

------------------

In the past, Paramount have proved to be incredibly snotty about protecting their property. I saw a Trek-based shareware game a few years back in which the author had been forced to change a large number of details (mostly names) under threat of legal action. IMO, the best way to ensure that an EVO-Trek plug eventually comes out is to make sure that Paramount know nothing about it.

~R~

zeta,

no, you're the one without much experiance. The major spaceshipe (shuttlecraft, USS enterprise, DS9, Voyager) are models, as in bits of plastic glued together. Trust me on this, I can prove it.

And can you see them using a product like Infini-D? I laugh in your face. For models they'd use some high-end kit, such as Lightwave, Cinema4D XL or Maya, not some kid's toy, though thats what the Battlestar Galactica was made of (airfix kits 😉

I now tidy up your posts

------------------
--blackhole

(url="http://"mailto:blackhole@mac.com")mailto:blackhole@mac.com(/url)blackhole@mac.com

Everyone, (blackhole included)

Today I had a shot of foolishness in my blood. I'm sorry for bothering those whom I've hurt. What I heard on the Star Trek models was from a friend. He had told me that infini D (as seen in many mac-mall mac-warehouse issues) was the same program used in Star Trek. Too my very utmost knowledge, this is what I thought to be true.

But, thank you. Blackhole, and others believe otherwise. I thank you both for making me wiser in the matter. Next time, I'll double check my sources.

I appologize. For what I thought to be defence, ended in offense. Sorry mikee j & blackhole.

Sincerely,
Zeta

------------------

Zeta wrote:
**Everyone, (blackhole included)

Today I had a shot of foolishness in my blood. I'm sorry for bothering those whom I've hurt. What I heard on the Star Trek models was from a friend. He had told me that infini D (as seen in many mac-mall mac-warehouse issues) was the same program used in Star Trek. Too my very utmost knowledge, this is what I thought to be true.

But, thank you. Blackhole, and others believe otherwise. I thank you both for making me wiser in the matter. Next time, I'll double check my sources.

I appologize. For what I thought to be defence, ended in offense. Sorry mikee j & blackhole.

Sincerely,
Zeta

You can't say fairer than that. I like your style Zeta.

------------------

Actually, both physical models and computer models are used in Star Trek - both are used in the ST: Voyager title sequence. I'd say that computer models are used much more though - it's cheaper. All the computer-modeled ships used in Star Trek do have a physical counterpart, though.

------------------
ColdFusion

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."

Well what he said was, ORIGINAL PICTURES OF STAR TREK...
not ST the next generation, or anything like that..

Sounded to me that he want the ORIGINAL models for some reason, oh well.

Zeta, I must say you are one of the few people who apoligize on this board. It certainly is a nice change 🙂

Anywho, I am going to fix up my graphic test and send it to you and maybe a few others later today...

------------------

Hmm, testing IP address..

------------------