Where is Utian village "supposed" to be?

I know it isn't in the game, so please don't mention that.

I'm looking into the possibility of making a plug-in to add Utian village as well
as some specific missions for the village(some to get you there, some while you are
there).

Anyways I am at work(game is at home) and I'm doodling with notes and a map of the
game, but don't recall off hand where the village is "supposed" to be. I remember that
someone in the game said it was in the Avanry mountain range, but did they give any
specifics? Ie, is it in the northwest beyond Berglum, in the northeast portion of the
mountain range near the ruins of High Garendall? Or is it just left as "somewhere in
the mountains."

I also seem to recall something being mentioned that the Utians bring their supplies
to the Kingdom by boat, which would lead me to believe it would be inaccessible by
land(or at least difficult enough to reach by land to warrant water travel). But again
my memory is sketchy and I can't go check at the moment.

If anyone knows off-hand I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

------------------
Shoot 'em with everything you've got. If anything still lives, shoot 'em again.

Theres a guy in Fantrima who talks about utian weopanry and a couple of people mention it in Berglum I think. Make show you post the plug-in's address.

------------------

Theres a guy in Fantrima who talks about utian weopanry and a couple of people mention it in Berglum I think.

Thanks. As I mentioned though I'm at work and my POG is at home, so I can't track those
people down. If you have the game in front of you would you mind checking what they
said about its supposed location? If not I'll get the info tonight or tomorrow or
some other time. I was just wanting to be lazy. 🙂

Make show you post the plug-in's address

If I make the plug-in I will most certainly upload it to the add-ons page.

------------------

I don't think it really is really mentioned in the game. I've talked with the people and researched it in the learnig tree, not mentioned anywhere. However, as boats from Utian occasionally come to Berglum, its probably on the west coast.

------------------
"it cannot be seen, cannot be felt, cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
It lies behind stars and under hills, and empty holes it fills
It comes first and follows after, ends life, kills laughter"-Golum's riddle, the hobbit, J.R.R. Tolkien

I don't think it really is really mentioned in the game. I've talked with the people and researched it in the learnig tree, not mentioned anywhere. However, as boats from Utian occasionally come to Berglum, its probably on the west coast.

nod that's my recollection and my thinking as well. I was hoping someone had seen
something in game that said, "Yeah, Utian village is in the avrany mountains, just
past High Garendall." Or something like that. But doesn't appear like it.

So yeah, it will probably just sit on the northwestern coast, on the other side of
the mountain range from Berglum. Probably reachable only by boat. We'll see.

Of course on a side note, I'm kind of putting the cart in front of the horse here. I've
got a plug-in scenario all written down(whats needed, plot lines, missions, etc), but
have yet to look at coldstone, heh. Should be downloaded by the time I get off work
and get home though. If it isn't too difficult to decipher then the plug-in should
happen.

------------------

Originally posted by Stark Bledfast:
**Of course on a side note, I'm kind of putting the cart in front of the horse here. I've got a plug-in scenario all written down(whats needed, plot lines, missions, etc), but
have yet to look at coldstone, heh. Should be downloaded by the time I get off work
and get home though. If it isn't too difficult to decipher then the plug-in should
happen.

It is usualy a good idea to sketch out the plug-in idea before using Coldstone, so you aren't putting the cart in front of the horse , more like you are Prepairing the cart for the journey.

------------------
The Escape Velocity series games are the best of their class.
Coldstone rocks!

Hope you'll be able to do it, but if not you might want to post what you do have so someone else could actually make the plugin.

I don't have POG at work either at present, but as I recall the Learning Tree mentions Utian as being "at the foot of the Avrany Mountains." Someone in Berglum mentions that ships sometimes come from Utian. Somewhere on the northwest coast across the mountains from Berglum seems reasonable. There is nothing to indicate that Utian is accessible only by sea, merely that it is only accessible from Garendall by sea - and that may change after the awakening of the giants.

Best wishes for your plug.

------------------
Joe Burnette
"I find that humans can be divided into only two meaningful categories: Decent Humans and Sonsofbitches; both types appear to be evenly distributed
among all shapes, colors, sizes, and nationalities." -- Keith Laumer