EV Override for Nova 1.1

1.1 final has been released :). See first post.

I was thinking it should have an icon. I hope I did this right, but I've archived an empty folder bearing the icon I made for it.

Attached File(s)

Still can't get the sounds to be EVO instead of EVN, otherwise everything seems in order, minus the Dreadnought's radar scan still showing up as an Escape Pod.

@coraxus, on Jan 10 2009, 08:44 AM, said in EV Override for Nova 1.1:

I was thinking it should have an icon. I hope I did this right, but I've archived an empty folder bearing the icon I made for it.

:huh:
Er, thanks for your trouble, but that's a Nova icon. This is Override. Not to mention it's pre-Leopard style.

This post has been edited by Guy : 09 January 2009 - 04:14 PM

Nova Icon? I thought I had altered it. Are you sure? I tell you what, how about I send the psd version and you can handle it from there, since I guess the compression that I thought would preserve icons seemed to have messed it up.

(EDIT)
Okay, I've uploaded the attachment with the stuffed psd
(/EDIT)

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Coraxus : 09 January 2009 - 07:00 PM

Ah, that one is EVO :). I appreciate the effort but like I said it's pre-Leopard style. Looks completely out of place on Leopard so I'm afraid I won't be using it.

edit pending

This post has been edited by Coraxus : 10 January 2009 - 02:45 AM

Nova sounds still playing in EVO.

Well i just downloaded EV Override 1.1 and it works great!

Computer: 2002 G4 iMac , 800MHz G4 processor , 32Mb Graphics Card , 768Mb RAM.

Operating System: MAC OS X 10.4.11

Does the App work: mostly , the App will start up and install the font , but it doesn't automatically load up EV Override , so i still have to hold down the shift key to use the plugin , other than that it's just fine. (scratch that , it works great)

Is the intro smooth: Yes , perfectly.

Intro music: Much better than before.

Other: EV Override is wonderfully smooth at 80 to 120 FPS. Great job Guy! 🙂

This post has been edited by Grenth : 03 February 2009 - 04:57 PM

Thanks Grenth 🙂

I don't like 'mostly'. What happens after it installs the font? Does it give an error message? Does it just quit? Does it load normal Nova?

There is still the sound bug with the port.

There are no known issues with sound. Problems indicate an incorrect installation. If you want me to help you're going to have to provide a heck of a lot more information than that.

@guy, on Jan 17 2009, 09:15 PM, said in EV Override for Nova 1.1:

Thanks Grenth 🙂

I don't like 'mostly'. What happens after it installs the font? Does it give an error message? Does it just quit? Does it load normal Nova?

Oops , sorry for not being clear on that. After i start the App it(as i said before)installs the font , then it just starts up EV Nova , which is why i still have to hold down shift. I hope that clears things up a bit

So it just loads normal Nova? Odd. Did you move the app or data files to different places? Can you give me directory listings of their locations?

@guy, on Jan 21 2009, 02:39 PM, said in EV Override for Nova 1.1:

So it just loads normal Nova?

Yes

Did you move the app or data files to different places?

No

Can you give me directory listings of their locations?

Sure no problem , here's the directory for the app: iMac > Applications > GamesÆ’ > Space ShootersÆ’ > The NovaÆ’ > EV Nova 1.1.0Æ’ > EV Override for Nova 1.1Æ’ > EV Override.app

And here's the directory for the files folder: iMac > Applications > GamesÆ’ > Space ShootersÆ’ > The NovaÆ’ > EV Nova 1.1.0Æ’ > EV Override for Nova 1.1Æ’ > Nova Files

Do i need to have the EVO data folder in application support?

This post has been edited by Grenth : 23 January 2009 - 04:51 PM

Hm. No, it doesn't need to be in app support - it should run fine like that. Try opening terminal and entering the following command:
env EVNOVA_SUPPORT_FOLDER_PATH=<drag and drop your EV Override for Nova 1.1Æ’ folder here> osascript -e 'tell application "EV Nova.app" to activate'
That should run Override. If so then the launcher app must have the path wrong somehow - if you still have the original zip file for the port, try unzipping the launcher app from it and replacing your existing launcher with the fresh one.

Oh, one other question: Did the app decode all the bin files for you?

This post has been edited by Guy : 24 January 2009 - 04:50 PM

@guy, on Jan 24 2009, 01:49 PM, said in EV Override for Nova 1.1:

if you still have the original zip file for the port, try unzipping the launcher app from it and replacing your existing launcher with the fresh one.

Thanks , that did the trick , it's working fine now.

@guy, on Jan 24 2009, 01:49 PM, said in EV Override for Nova 1.1:

Oh, one other question: Did the app decode all the bin files for you?

yes , and very quickly too 🆒

Thanks for your help Guy! 😄

Excellent 🙂
The app stores the path to the data inside itself, so somewhere along the way (maybe in the process of moving stuff around) it must have gotten it wrong. I'll just hope that it doesn't happen to many people.

I noticed that Applescript doesn't parse the "Æ’" character correctly when transferring it to the command line. (I think... I remember having trouble with this.) Perhaps that's what was going on here?

Seeing as it's working for him now I would say no. As long as the string properly escaped or quoted there shouldn't be a problem.