War axe misery

The message board has indicated that the war axe misery is the best melee weapon in the game (for default or swordsmen). It also mentioned that it cant be bought.

Is this true, and if it is, where can i find it?

------------------
The answer to life, the universe, and everything is...42.

no, you cant buy it anywhere, as far as i can tell.

you can get it in a cave, however. i give somewhat complicated instructions, so bear with me:
from fantrima: 2 south, 1 west, 3 south (on the third screen down, follow the river until you see a bridge and cross it) , then 1 east. south of you know there is a big clump of trees. follow along the edge of it all the way around. at the bottom, there is a secret (i dont know if you have pathfinding ability, but i hope you do) go up and there is a clearing with a cave. go in the cave and there is a big maze of bridges. find your way to the top and go to next screen. follow the bridge up and the axe is in a chest accompanied by a bunch of gold and a potion.

be careful, almost this entire journey takes you through sea giant country, and the WAM is guarded by a death knight after you pick it up. if you have less than 200 hp and less than 100 strength and dexterity, dont even think about seekin it out yet.

hope this helps, i would put a picture on of where the cave is, but from what i can tell you need to have a picture that already exists on another website, which i dont have. if you have a fast modem tho, email me (stormreaver99@cableone.net) and i will send you a screenshot of the map

------------------
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in: we're computer professionals. We cause accidents."
-Nathaniel Borrenstein
Please visit my website at (url="http://"http://www.lewiston.k12.id.us/schools/lhs/tech/students/beginnin/Andrew/welcome.html")http://www.lewiston....ew/welcome.html(/url) its got some cool stuff on it.

Originally posted by -esw-dragoon_77:
**... if you have less than 200 hp and less than 100 strength and dexterity, dont even think about seekin it out yet....

BULL****!!

I've gotten the War Axe Misery at least three times with characters that had strength and dexterity in the 25-35 range, and some with less than 200 hp. A character like that obviously has little chance against a sea giant, so you run from them. Any other creature you encounter is defeatable, though you will need lots of healing potions (and some luck.)

------------------
Joe Burnette
"I find that humans can be divided into only two meaningful categories: Decent Humans and Sonsofbitches; both types appear to be evenly distributed
among all shapes, colors, sizes, and nationalities." -- Keith Laumer

I only have 140 hp and 20 str and dex, so ill wait a while...

Thanks for the directions and advice!

------------------

i got it with sumthin like 150 hp 25 strength and 20 dexterity, however i still prefer to use the dwarven runic and a lilith sheild instead of the two handed axe. (althoguh it wouldnt matter now since my guy has over 300 strength and dexterity.)

------------------
"you have to go for miles over tall mountains. Then once your over those, you have to travel across swamps as far as the eye can see, but then it gets better."-Gimli, Gloin's son

Thanks all for everything...i just got the axe, and esw dragon 77...its not THAT hard :).

------------------

im sure i bought this in berglum.

------------------

im sure i bought this in berglum.

The axe of misery can be purchased in Berglum. The War axe of misery can only
be had by recovering it from the cave in which it lies.

2 different axes that have similar names.

------------------
Shoot 'em with everything you've got. If anything still lives, shoot 'em again.

3 different axes with the same name, not 2: Axe Misery, Battle Axe Misery, and War Axe Misery.

llegolas, getting the WAM was tuff for me, so BACK OFF!!! (jk) i like to be methodical and conservative about things, i wanted to make sure that you would be able to get through witout any problems

------------------
Excuse me sir. Seeing as how the VP is such a VIP, shouldn't we keep the PC on the QT, because if it leaks to the VC, you'll end up MIA, and then we'll all be put on KP.
-Cronauer, Good Morning Vietnam