Quick Questions

I hate to be a bother, but does anyone know where the heck you start the Nebula Penetration missions? I'm a member of the Miranu Trading Cooperative already, I haven't picked a side in the Strand War, but I have dealt the Voinians a lot of damage and completed the whole UE-Voinian War storyline (Objective 1, check!). I recall the Strand War is another of the major objectives, along with the Nebula, and I'm going for all 3 this time.

Also, as a side note, when does the Zachit storyline end? Is there more after maiming the Rock? It's tough to tell when non-central objectives are fully complete and the bar is oft-times uncooperative.

I believe it starts on the Miranu research station at the southernmost part of their space (I forget the name). You must be in high standing with the Miranu, and--I believe--possess a fairly high combat rating. Look in the bar. (Or do you have to take a precursor mission on Blaga first? I can't rightly recall.)

Do bear in mind that in addition to the Zachit and Nebula missions, there are, in fact, two more mission strings related to the Miranu; one has to do with curing a certain plague, and another with building a ski resort.

This post has been edited by ~vIsitor~ : 31 August 2007 - 11:00 PM

Yes, the ski-resort was quite amusing, but I'd never seen the one about the plague. I'll get to searching for it soon. Thanks!

You were correct. The Nebula missions began right where you said they would. Thanks again, that was a fun mission string. Nowhere near as rough as the other two Central Objectives, either...

@night10194, on Aug 31 2007, 08:23 PM, said in Quick Questions:

I hate to be a bother,

Hardly a bother.

Congrats on completing the mission. So, how was your fuel supply? Did you run out at all?

The plague missions start on himgro 1 jump north of blaga.

Fuel Scoops and Capslock. They do an explorer good. Yeah, I ran out of fuel very often, but I made it through arright.

I wish there were missions like the plague cure and the nebula exploration in Nova. It's cool to be able to do more humanitarian or exploratory missions in EV. I actually like that a lot about Override, when you make contact with several races, explore, learn, etc. Thanks for the tip about the plague. I should've guessed the medical world would be the plague-cure mission starting area, but sometimes you miss the most obvious things, huh? 😛

Thats what I liked about Override: the diversity of mission strings. In Nova, you only get one major string and perhaps a few minor ones, but those usually lead into a major string anyway, and those that didn't were painfully short. In Override, however, you have a choice of three different conflicts and you can even play the role of a double (or even triple) agent if you are clever enough. And the UE and Miranu, most notably, possess several parallel mission strings that can be completed independent of each-other, and other factions' mission strings are divided into distinct 'chapters'. Nova's missions, however, although well-written, are ultimately quite linear in nature (excepting the Pirate and Auroran story-lines).

The Nebula Exploration string starts with a simple delivery mission. You get the mission on Blaga. There are no requirements for the mission, you'll always get it. The next mission, a special delivery mission, is triggered only when you have a Good Egg reputation and a combat rating of Ultimate.

This post has been edited by PhoenixFire : 07 September 2007 - 02:46 PM