Poll: Emalgha vs. Voinans

I'm insulted.

@mrxak, on Apr 12 2007, 11:53 AM, said in Poll: Emalgha vs. Voinans:

I'm insulted.

Agreed, Starbridge21 get your facts straight before you post.

@mrxak, on Apr 12 2007, 12:53 PM, said in Poll: Emalgha vs. Voinans:

I'm insulted.

Well, you shouldn't be.

@crow-t--robot, on Apr 12 2007, 02:45 PM, said in Poll: Emalgha vs. Voinans:

Agreed, Starbridge21 get your facts straight before you post.

My facts are straight; I don't know what you're talking about. First of all, 'The Emalgha would lose' is not a fact; it's an opinion. Second, it's completely true that I haven't yet explained to anyone why "I would know" and that therefore you really don't know what I'm talking about. It's also true that you shouldn't feel at all insulted. 😉

This post has been edited by Starbridge21 : 12 April 2007 - 01:59 PM

The Emalgha are infinitely better than the Voinians. The Voinians, though formidable, are something everyone should hate, just like the New York Yankees.

@zurdo, on Apr 15 2007, 09:31 PM, said in Poll: Emalgha vs. Voinans:

The Emalgha are infinitely better than the Voinians. The Voinians, though formidable, are something everyone should hate, just like the New York Yankees.

This man speaks the truth.

@zurdo, on Apr 16 2007, 12:31 AM, said in Poll: Emalgha vs. Voinans:

I agree whole-heartedly. Everyone should despise the Yank--er, Voinians.

@starbridge21, on Apr 12 2007, 02:59 PM, said in Poll: Emalgha vs. Voinans:

Well, you shouldn't be.
My facts are straight; I don't know what you're talking about. First of all, 'The Emalgha would lose' is not a fact; it's an opinion. Second, it's completely true that I haven't yet explained to anyone why "I would know" and that therefore you really don't know what I'm talking about. It's also true that you shouldn't feel at all insulted. 😉

But I am!

Hulks of wood bound by strips of metal firing pointy chunks of metal.

Hulks of metal bound by more hulks of metal firing big metal missiles that go BOOM and purple slow energy thingummies.

I'll pass on the vote, but if I were to choose, it'd have to be Voinian. The Emalgha would need Outside Intervention(aka YOU) to make it through several more years - or decades, probably, considering the Voinian love of bureaucracy - while the Voinians would just need to get the proper forms passed through the proper offices approved by the proper officials.

As for a certain person here, I have only one thing to say: me vexat pede.

In a straight-up, head to head, all-out fight, the Emalgha would utterly decimate the Voidians. There's really no contest, if you think about it. Their trout just have more applesauce jars.

Well, I think the Emalgha. They were dominated, threw of the Voinians, without outside assistance, and are continuing to resist, if poorly. That is a feat. It seems to me that everythinkg they have is kind of slopped together and that if they can simply gain some time their possition would actually get better. I don't think htey would be defeated unless the Vionians coud find a way of puling ships of the UE border... which they can't. So, emalgha win.

@zurdo, on Apr 16 2007, 02:31 PM, said in Poll: Emalgha vs. Voinans:

Voinians
1. neutron cannons.
2. Voinian dreadnought.
3. Turreted rockets.

Emalgha:
SUPER DISCO MACHINE GUN

The Emalgha only got away from their Voinian overlords because the UE drew off so many Voinian ships that they could. It's like the timeline for the General War in Starfleet Battles. The only reason the Hydrans took their space back from the Klingons is that the Federation and the Kzinti drew off so much of the Klingon Imperal Navy that the Hydrans actually had a chance to get their space back and start building ships to really fight with.

I voted Emalgha because you did not say what they were better at. Uterly destroying things, or trying to find another way around things, and because I like them.

Given my handle, I had to vote for the Voinians. The Emalgha have an interesting story arc, however, and their own ships... which is pretty impressive for a civilisation that only spans two star systems. Plus that funky alien language: "Greetings. We are of the Emalgha."

But if I had to play using the technology of one species... it's got to be the Voinians.

I'd love to see an Emalgha Arada, though...

Hmm, something went funky with the poll system, it says a total of 40 votes, yet each item has 23 votes, what happened to the 6 unaccounted votes?
(check attachment)

Attached File(s)

Mods can tamper with the votes - they can make their vote count for as many votes as the like while only increasing the total votes by 1. Not looking at anyone in particular

Spoiler

mrxak

The Voinian Dreadnaught strength is over 9,000, 'nuff said. The Emalgha and their wooden hulls can go rot.

The only thing the Emalgha have over the Voinans are their weapons. Other than that, they're toast.

Well, the Voinians would own the Emalgha pretty fast if the UE wouldn't be there 😐

@vell-os, on May 1 2007, 07:47 AM, said in Poll: Emalgha vs. Voinans:

@zurdo, on Apr 16 2007, 12:31 AM, said in Poll: Emalgha vs. Voinans:

Voinians
1. neutron cannons.
2. Voinian dreadnought.
3. Turreted rockets.

Yankees:
A-ROD, JETER, POSADA, 24-6 SINCE THE ALL-STAR BREAK, AND STILL 4 GAMES BEHIND BO-SOX!

Fixed.