Plug Conversions?

First of all, thank you so very much to whoever created that splendid 1.02 version of the Nova Override port. Now my PC doesn't give me these horrible error messages when I get the cloaker or try to penetrate the nebula! I must say, I love the consistent game balance and lack of crazy magic-psychic types, as well as the consistent sense of exploration, Override grants. However, having let myself get a bit addicted, I am slowly and surely crushing every major storyline I can and fear I shall shortly run out of the splendor that is Override.

Now, I first got to play Override on a friend's mac way back in The Day, and I recall a plug-in called Frozen Heart or something that was a highly-story-driven Override plug, and I've heard tons of good about this Reign of the UE stuff, too. I've been wondering. What does it take to convert plug-ins to the Nova port? I'm not demanding it be done or anything, just asking if I have any reason to hope it may eventually happen. I mean, I'm relatively poor with computers and I rarely have a concept of how long plug development or conversion will take, so I wanted to ask the people of this board if they think it'll ever happen.

Plus, I want to do my little bit to keep this board alive. Long live EVO!

There is a program called spaceport but I have never used it and I heard its a little buggy. Also I have no idea where to get it from so I'm sorry for being so useless.

This post has been edited by egroeg5 : 15 July 2007 - 12:24 PM

Thanks. It's linked in another of the topics, but it seems to be for Mac only, and while it might get me stoned to death here or something, I am and always will be a PC user. Ah well. I should be thankful I've got Override at all, eh?

Well if you asked nice enough you could get someone else to put it through spaceport for you and then you could convert it using the included convertor.

That's a good idea. Thanks.

@night10194, on Jul 15 2007, 10:33 AM, said in Plug Conversions?:

Thanks. It's linked in another of the topics, but it seems to be for Mac only, and while it might get me stoned to death here or something, I am and always will be a PC user. Ah well. I should be thankful I've got Override at all, eh?

Being a pc user is fine, however stating you always will be a pc user is just silly. It's good to be open to new things, giving something a fair trial before dismissing it is just the right thing to do, whether it's computers or people. (And no one will stone you to death either. :P)

Cham

To port a plug using SpacePort can take a while, since you have to tweak quite a bit of the stuff manually to get it to work exactly how it should. For example, the speeds have to be modified to be accurate in EVN, shields and armor work slightly differently between real EVO and Nova (leading to things like being able to blow up a Courier with a single Heavy Rocket), flares don't work in EVN, and SpacePort does not calculate ScanMasks for illegal goods and outfits. It's not really something someone can do in just a few minutes, unfortunately. I do hope that some of them get ported, though.