Glitch much?

some problems with EVO and plug-ins to fix them?

There are some weird things happening on my EVO game; just wondering whether they are supposed to happen, not supposed to happen, and/or what I can do about it. Note that I use WinNova, so update plugs may not be compatible.

Glitch 1: Any one pilot of mine can be in every story line at one time. This I'm almost sure is a bug, and I'm also sure there must be a plug that fixes it. It gets really confusing being in the UE, Emalgha, Miranu, and Igadzra missions at the same time, then being offered a mission for the Voinians. Not being one to turn down the opportunity for more ships and outfits, naturally I accept all missions offered to me.

Glitch 2: On the UE missions, my ship was outfitted with a (1) cloaking device and (2) needle missile jammer. However, neither of these items appear on the outfits list for my ship, I can't use them, and every time I open the ship on EVO it shows the window that it would usually show when you open a Nova or Classic ship. Coincidentally, I noticed that it does not show this window when I open the same ship in Nova. Could I fix this just by buying a new ship? Though it would be nice to have these outfits if there is a plug-in that fixes this.

Yes, I did search this, and came up with nothing.

This post has been edited by Starbridge21 : 16 April 2007 - 08:51 PM

@starbridge21, on Apr 16 2007, 08:49 PM, said in Glitch much?:

Glitch 1: Any one pilot of mine can be in every story line at one time. This I'm almost sure is a bug, and I'm also sure there must be a plug that fixes it. It gets really confusing being in the UE, Emalgha, Miranu, and Igadzra missions at the same time, then being offered a mission for the Voinians. Not being one to turn down the opportunity for more ships and outfits, naturally I accept all missions offered to me.

That's just how EVO works. Unlike Nova, not all storylines are mutually exclusive.

@starbridge21, on Apr 16 2007, 08:49 PM, said in Glitch much?:

Glitch 2: On the UE missions, my ship was outfitted with a (1) cloaking device and (2) needle missile jammer. However, neither of these items appear on the outfits list for my ship, I can't use them, and every time I open the ship on EVO it shows the window that it would usually show when you open a Nova or Classic ship. Coincidentally, I noticed that it does not show this window when I open the same ship in Nova. Could I fix this just by buying a new ship? Though it would be nice to have these outfits if there is a plug-in that fixes this.

To fix the outfit problems, download Guy's port. It's much better than the "official" one, and closer to the original EVO as well. Look for one of his posts and click the link in his sig.

As far as the "ship window" thing, I have no idea what you're talking about. Please explain.

Starbridge21, do you mean once you enter a ship, you open "player" info, that shows the window with the general, cargo and extras info?

1. You can't do every string at once. I'm surprised you're doing both UE-Emalgha and Voinian though, they're supposed to be mutually exclusive (unless you pick up both initial missions together). The three strand strings are also (supposed to be) mutually exclusive. There's nothing wrong with doing all of UE-Emalgha, Miranu and Igadzra at the same time though.

2. Are you talking about the window that comes up when you load a pilot that says something like "This pilot references information from a plug-in not currently installed."? Because yes, you will get that when using the official port on windows. The problem is with the outfits, not your pilot. From what other people have said, I believe you can just swap in my port and it'll all be okay.

@callide, on Apr 16 2007, 11:16 PM, said in Glitch much?:

Starbridge21, do you mean once you enter a ship, you open "player" info, that shows the window with the general, cargo and extras info?

Yeah, that's the one. ( the outfits list for my ship )

@guy, on Apr 17 2007, 02:11 AM, said in Glitch much?:

1. You can't do every string at once. I'm surprised you're doing both UE-Emalgha and Voinian though, they're supposed to be mutually exclusive (unless you pick up both initial missions together). The three strand strings are also (supposed to be) mutually exclusive. There's nothing wrong with doing all of UE-Emalgha, Miranu and Igadzra at the same time though.

Wow, you're supposed to be able to do that? Only it gets really confusing. I really was once offered the Voinian mission string once though while doing all four of those other mission strings.

@guy, on Apr 17 2007, 02:11 AM, said in Glitch much?:

2. Are you talking about the window that comes up when you load a pilot that says something like "This pilot references information from a plug-in not currently installed."? Because yes, you will get that when using the official port on windows. The problem is with the outfits, not your pilot. From what other people have said, I believe you can just swap in my port and it'll all be okay.

This is the exact text of the window:
This pilot file appears to reference information that is from a plug-in or replacement data set that is not currently loaded. You may continue to use this pilot, but it may cause odd behavior.

This didn't start showing up until I got the cloaking device and needle jammer; I guess I'll have to get your plug. 😄 Is it compatible with WinNova? Where can I get it?

Click the link in his sig.