EVO 1.0.0

anyone have it?

I've been trying hard to find a copy of the older versions of EVO but have absolutely no luck. Does anyone still have a copy?

I used to have all the old versions of EV and EVO. No more.

Which was the version that went out on the old EVO/Mars Rising CD? I have that - just not right here , or I'd check myself

@guy, on Jan 25 2007, 01:53 PM, said in EVO 1.0.0:

I've been trying hard to find a copy of the older versions of EVO but have absolutely no luck. Does anyone still have a copy?

I have all versions of EVO, 1.0.0, 1.0.1, 1.0.2 and the Nova Port. A while ago I asked here to make sure that I could make an unreg'd version of 1.0.0 available, and got favorable responses, so for a short while I did host it on my .Mac. Give me a few mins and I'll make a download page for it again.

EDIT: Aight, here we are. I will not provide my reg key though, that is strictly BYO.

hmm, gotta remember to re-make the Mass Trick pages and EV Conversion pages again, since I've changed my site around.

This post has been edited by Incontrovertible : 25 January 2007 - 07:24 AM

Woohoo, thank you so much! 🙂

No probs, did you wanna make some uber warships with mass manipulation?

Nah, I'm interested in the data rather than the engine.

Hey, do you have all the EV versions too?

@mrxak, on Jan 27 2007, 02:38 PM, said in EVO 1.0.0:

Hey, do you have all the EV versions too?

I would have if someone didn't throw out our iMac G3..... :mad: Sorry. The original was cool cause everything was squeaky clean looking, and because of the Fighter Bay bug 🙂

This post has been edited by Incontrovertible : 26 January 2007 - 11:56 PM

Okay, another request: EVO 1.0.1? I've noticed the EVO version history isn't entirely complete. Something significant was added between 1.0.0 and 1.0.2 but it is not mentioned anywhere.

indeed I do, I'll start uploading it before I go to sleep

Whats the difference between EVO 1.0.0 and the last version?

So... got a link for it yet?

LNSU, the EVO 1.0.2 install includes a version history in the documentation folder.

working on it, dot mac has been having a fit with the file, it'll be up asap

@guy, on Jan 30 2007, 04:04 PM, said in EVO 1.0.0:

Okay, another request: EVO 1.0.1? I've noticed the EVO version history isn't entirely complete. Something significant was added between 1.0.0 and 1.0.2 but it is not mentioned anywhere.

@incontrovertible, on Feb 6 2007, 05:14 AM, said in EVO 1.0.0:

working on it, dot mac has been having a fit with the file, it'll be up asap

Did you two work this out? If 1.0.1 is still needed, I seem to have it.

Nope, still waiting ;). All I want is the two data files really.

Well if that's all you need, here you go (c. 168 Kb). 🙂

(Yes, one of the files is labelled "1.0.0." Nonetheless, it's in my EVO 1.0.1 folder -- I expect it's the right one.)

This post has been edited by Dr. Trowel : 08 February 2007 - 06:45 PM

Thanks 🙂
Aha, so the Disco Bison and his machine gun were added in 1.0.1 although at this stage the Emalgha ships didn't have blind spots yet which means he's a lot more fearsome here than he is in 1.0.2. I still can't understand why this nonsensical change was made in 1.0.2 :huh:

Interesting... so, does that mean he's still underpowered in your EV:O port?

Currently, yes. Though the change I was referring to was giving the Emalgha ships blind spots and making the Emalgha Turret a full turret, not specifically the Disco Bison gaining a weakness.