EVO Download

For windows

I have windows. The first EV game that i downloaded was EVN. But i also want to play Override. I have not tried to download it coz the ambrosia website says it is incompatible with intel. HOw can I get the Override for windows? Its story is i think the best of the three EV games.

Well you have a few options. You could try emulating an older mac system (somebody else will have to tell you about that, I really don't know), or you could download the EVN plug-in that replaces the Nova scenario with the EVO one.

Incompatible with Intel refers to Intel-equpped macs. But yeah, EVO wasn't released for Windows so yer screwed anyways.....

Except, um, you're not, like mrxak said. Look for Guy's EVO Port on the addons page. I'm using it on Windows and it is awesome. (Also, download the Facelift files that improve the graaphics)

Yup. As others have suggested, your options are:

(1) Use EV Nova for Windows, and download either the official port or Guy's EVO Port (which contains some bug-fixes) from the add-ons page. This is free if you've registered EV Nova already.

(2) Emulate the Mac OS using Basilisk 2. WarBeast's guide is the definitive guide and contains everything you need. This method worked very nicely for me, although some people have had problems. It also means you'd need to register EVO if you haven't already.

I agree with the above statements. Personally, I prefer downloading the EVO port to nova, because it tens to run faster.

Same here - I never really liked the Nova ports anyway. They just don't quite feel right - they're close, but the difference is there.

There's the added problem that you can't play EV and EVO plugins on the Nova ports unless they've been specifically converted. This was less of a problem for EVO because the base scenario is so extensive anyway and the choice of truly good plugins is more limited. But I still wanted to play Frozen Heart, F-25, Beyond the Crescent, and several others.

For EV the situation is even more clear - once I'd played through the base scenario once it really does not hold my attention. The original EV's true feature lies in the huge number of downright awesome plugins available. Emulation is the only way in my opinion. 🙂