New EV Nova Override port

@guy, on May 3 2006, 04:02 AM, said in New EV Nova Override port:

Well maybe we should just call it a discrepancy between the bible and the observed behaviour ;). The way it's supposed to work is you specify a value (10) and then the actual value will be that value +/- 50%. So it could be made to be closer to the original by putting a value of 15 which would give a range of 7.5-22.5 (or 8-23, assuming normal rounding).

Oh right, interesting to know something of the mechanics behind it. Best to leave it as it is though I think, as 20+ ton normal deliveries would screw over the Shuttle rather.

@evula, on Apr 24 2006, 09:01 PM, said in New EV Nova Override port:

In the Nova beta, I suggested that they keep the global speed slider like in EV and EVO. I was shot down, since the purpose of the slider was for slower machines. I really wish I'd fought that battle harder.

The way games are designed today, it wouldn't really help. If a person has a slower machine, it will just drop frames, not make the ships go slower.

Cham

@chamrin, on May 8 2006, 08:00 AM, said in New EV Nova Override port:

The way games are designed today, it wouldn't really help. If a person has a slower machine, it will just drop frames, not make the ships go slower.

The reason I wanted the slider had nothing to do with slower computers.

@evula, on May 8 2006, 02:23 PM, said in New EV Nova Override port:

Indeed - just having the option is really nice.

@evula, on May 8 2006, 07:23 AM, said in New EV Nova Override port:

We did get caps lock 😛

Cham

Has anyone managed to complete the Facelift download? I'm still looking for feedback.

Facelift? Yeah I've been using it. I never played much Override when it first came out, it seemed kinda wierd to me, and I never liked the ship designs. Playing the port is proving to be a great time though- there's a sense of mystery with all the different races that is really cool.
Facelift is good cuz it helps me enjoy the game instead of being a superficial lamer about the graphics. So cheers.

Ah, thanks. I'm particularly interested in if you prefer to play with or without the Range Extension.

I just checked my plugins folder and the range extension is in there. Since I didn't play much of the original EVO or any of the older Nova port I can't give ya any useful feedback or comparison.
I'm gonna go try to get the Voinians to like me... Laters!