Frozen Heart DL corrupted

the FH archive I DL from Ambrosia seems corrupted

This is my first post here. That aside, on to my problem. I just downloaded EVO today because I wanted to play Frozen Heart again. I installed it (EVO) and everything was fine, but I can't get the Frozen Heart plugin to decompress. My first guess is that over the years the file has become corrupted, but I see posts from not that long ago asking basic questions about FH. I'm using a current generation iBook, running 10.4.6, and OS9.2.2 in Classic... I cannot natively boot into OS9. Also of note, the .sea that is extracted from the .bin archive attempts to decompress with Stuffit (v10). I was going to try to decompress it using the .sea itself, but cant seem to figure out how... anyone have any suggestions? I tried to find the file elsewhere and have failed. Femme Fetale downloads and decompresses just fine and its a binhexed .sea as well. Could someone possibly just email me their copy of FH? Thanks!

-mcg

This post has been edited by MrCommunistGen : 05 May 2006 - 05:19 PM

Well I just downloaded FH the other day and it decompressed fine but it's a sit file not a sea. Where did you get it from? There's only the one version (104) on the EVO addons pages. Even if it was a sea though it should still decompress fine with Expander (I did that with the Femme Fatale sea as I don't have classic).

This post has been edited by Guy : 05 May 2006 - 05:48 PM

@guy, on May 5 2006, 02:48 PM, said in Frozen Heart DL corrupted:

Well I just downloaded FH the other day and it decompressed fine but it's a sit file not a sea. Where did you get it from? There's only the one version (104) on the EVO addons pages. Even if it was a sea though it should still decompress fine with Expander (I did that with the Femme Fatale sea as I don't have classic).

Hah! I seem to have found an old archive of the add-ons page with my google search. Navigating to it normally from the EVO page gives me a different site which, as you said, has a .sit archive. My mistake, but thanks.

-mcg

Glad you figured it out. I've sometimes had to DL a plugin twice because the first DL was unsuccessful for whatever reason.

As far as the .sea goes, if you don't know, it means Self Expanding Archive (or something close). All you have to do to expand it is double click on it. You don't need Stuffit to un-compress it.

@callide, on May 7 2006, 03:09 PM, said in Frozen Heart DL corrupted:

Glad you figured it out. I've sometimes had to DL a plugin twice because the first DL was unsuccessful for whatever reason.

As far as the .sea goes, if you don't know, it means Self Expanding Archive (or something close). All you have to do to expand it is double click on it. You don't need Stuffit to un-compress it.

A self-extracting archive relies upon the operating system for which it was design. A .sea file opens itself under Mac OS 7-9 (I'm not sure if it works on pre-System 7) but must be decoded by StuffIt in OS X. I don't know how Classic mode figures into the equation.

This post has been edited by Qaanol : 11 May 2006 - 05:53 PM

Works okay in classic (usually). But you need to watch out for the other type of sea (by symantec?) that Expander won't recognise.