madam Hector, I presume?

OK, I just registered EVO last week, and was poking around a bit with resedit, and I found this as a Pict resource in the Override main program:

Posted Image

This is, I presume, the infamous Hector?

Incidentally, I did a search for this (I can't be the first to have found it), but all I came up with was a ton of "why is Cap'n Hector mad at me?" threads.

Flyboy.

If you don't register EVO, that picture will pop up sometimes when you land at planets or stations. The alert klaxon also sounds, and you will be informed that Hector has stolen some of your credits.

Flyboy, is your search limited to only EVO? Every once in a while there will be pictures and posts regarding Hector in Ambrosia Banter. She seems like a... charming little bird.

yeah.. go with charming. We can all pretend.

@callide, on Apr 5 2006, 08:41 AM, said in madam Hector, I presume?:

Flyboy, is your search limited to only EVO? Every once in a while there will be pictures and posts regarding Hector in Ambrosia Banter. She seems like a... charming little bird.

Since I conducted the search from within the EVO web board, it may very well have been confined to that board.

@magnusapollo, on Apr 5 2006, 08:44 AM, said in madam Hector, I presume?:

yeah.. go with charming. We can all pretend.

Yes, I've heard a few horror stories about "Cannibal Hector." :laugh:

@flyboy, on Apr 5 2006, 11:36 AM, said in madam Hector, I presume?:

Yes, I've heard a few horror stories about "Cannibal Hector." :laugh:

Ah is this when Hector "the bird" will come and then gouge out peoples eyes for not registring EV:O.

I remember I was so annoyed at Hector for steeling my money, I used ResEdit to change my fuel load to huge so I never had to land on planets, except on missions. Of course, now Hector doesn't bother me. I registered.

By the way, search the Ambrosia Times for that Hector pic. It's the same one as the article on Hector attacking something.

Despite having unregistered version of the game, plug-ins are still playable. Sometimes people would download certain plug-ins to blow Capt Hector out of the system, only to come back just after jumping out of warp drive and cause havoc again.