The No Name Bar

Yume paused for a moment, her interest caught by the green that was quickly spreading and coming towards her. She didn't really see it a threat as of yet so she just stood there, watching it while it whirled around her and then went off.

This was odd. She hadn't expected any greenery to be able to grow here on the Rock. But something about it seemed... familiar. There was a presence behind this event and it was familiar. She didn't know who or what was exactly behind this so she didn't bother with it much.

She just shook her head, ignoring the fact that the new colors that now graced the rock seemed almost pleasing to her eyes. She rubbed the rock Fettrin had given her, thinking that it could come in handy soon when she would meet up with the person who ordered the attack on her.

She frowned softly, walking off again as she was once more determined on finding this person. The bird seemed to notice her mood and screeched lightly for a moment, a great contrast to the beauty of the bird before it fell silent once more.

OOC: Woo for detached mini sub-plots!

Greven was too tired to stay awake. He knew no-one would remember his name anyway, much less be really interested in what he was doing.

'Twas there that he was wrong.

Unknown to him, far off in the intangible void of the internet, a secret fanbase monitored his every action. Every letter typed, since the beginning of this post, was carefully transcribed in triplicate, and sealed in encrypted files. Greven had a following, and he didn't even know.

Greven stepped onto the ivy. It was springy, like the moss at home.

Literally hundreds of pale fingers quickly noted this factoid about Greven's past, and posted it on heavily trafficked seperate boards, where it was discussed and cross examined with previous historical background. (See: "Greven was too tired to stay awake." This was originally thought to mean Greven was at a computer terminal in a ship, but now the theory has changed to a forest planet, where Greven has stayed up too late.)

Greven walked to the bar, sat down, and ordered a glass of tonic water.

New conclusions were sprung upon, that Greven must be under drinking age, that he must have been to bars before, as he seemed so at home. Might Greven have been transported to the bar at the line: "Greven stepped onto the ivy."? Could he have been in the bar all the time? If so, the previous hypothesis about Greven staying up too late at a forest planet would be false, although the theory of Greven's home planet being a forest world could still be valid.

He looked about, and saw little action in the bar. There were a few people seated at ivy-twined tables.

Greven must not have extra sensory abilities, as he would have sensed the action occurring in the station otherwise.

Greven rubbed the stone given to him by the preacher.

Many fans literally go into shock, as a sudden plot crossing/exposition takes place, linking the story of Greven to another running plot by the author Hamster about the archdemon Fettrin. The Greven boards quickly merge bases with the Fettrin Fan Club, and speculation begins on possible prior events between the two characters. The point is brought up that Fettrin under his original alias 'Father' had a school of children, but these were Vell-osian, and Greven clearly has no psychic abilities, so the point is disregarded, and all related topics are locked. Another tempting theory arises- that Greven was one of the people among the many worlds Fettrin's Nirttef slaves ravaged to siphon power while Fettrin was trapped in the sword. But this leads to questions as why the Nirttefs would spare Greven, as he appears to have no exemplary abilities.

The post suddenly stops, and PMs begin pouring in to Hamster's inbox to continue writing, on pain of all sorts of unpleasant things.

Hamster closes the post in an OOC, which alludes to a deeper meaning to the post- possibly that internet writers should never grow despondent by thought that no one reads there work. We're out there, and we see you.

OOC: Here's to all the sub-plots! Viva! 😛

Yume turned a corner and continued to walk. Her eyes would glance once or twice to the greenery around her. Something poked at the back of her mind like a memory that was long past hidden. The sense of grass lightly crinkling beneath her booted feet and the smell of it was provoking a memory in her mind. What was it? She wanted to know.

Suddenly the whole scenery changed, making her stop abruptly. Everything had disappeared and been replaced by a glowing white that she had to cover her eyes. Once the bright white faded off, she opened her eyes and saw that she was in a green field. Moss covered the nearby boulders and a small stream snaked into the horizon.

Where was she? She knew this place. From somewhere... She looked around slowly, noticing the bird wasn't with her. She had a feeling as well. As if she was eagerly waiting for someone's return. She looked down at the single flower that stood before her feet, vulnerable. She kneeled down to stroke its petals. They were soft...

Then a nearby noise made her look up quickly, standing up once more and taking a few steps back. A blurry figure came toward her but she didn't back away or attack. Something told her this was the person she had been waiting for. But she couldn't even make out who it was. The blurry figure smiled to her, its lips moving but no words left it as if that part of the memory wasn't yet reachable.

Then the figure kneeled, plucked the flower from where it was, before standing up again and reaching out to her. She just stood there, blinking as the figure tucked the flower behind her ear and pushed some hair out of the way. It continued to smile to her cheerfully while it continue to say words that refused to come to her.

What was this person saying? But soon that cheery smile left it, and the figure sighed before looking off. She looked to where its gaze had gone to but saw nothing. She wondered what had changed its mood so suddenly. When she looked back, the figure was already walking off.

Wait, she thought quickly, suddenly feeling a little panicky. She ran toward the figure but no matter how fast she went, she didn't gain any distance. She reached out to the figure, for some reason desperate to reach it. Wait, don't leave..., she thought in a plea but the figure didn't hear her as it kept walking, only glancing back at her once with a sad smile as she finally reached it.

But just then, she was thrown back into reality. She blinked, familiar buildings covered with greenery coming back to her view. She looked around quickly, seeing that she was back on the Rock. What had that been? A flashback? A memory? She didn't know as she rubbed her forehead. All she knew that she had been cut off before the memory had finished.

But what did it all mean? She didn't know that answer either. The bird on her shoulder whistled lightly, nuzzling up against her neck as it sensed her discomfort. She looked to it and stared at it for a long while. Who had been that figure? She knew that figure from somewhere. But where?

Then the memory of that old man came to her. Why did she think of him, of all times? She sighed lightly, feeling more confused by the moment before she began to walk again. She almost wanted to see that man again...

OOC: I ❤ Hamster. But in a perfectly acceptable, masculine, and brotherly sort of manner. Fun post.

Now back to organic chemistry and dancing in public, for that is what I have been up to while gone.

Take care guys.

/me huggles Jacey

🙂

(ooc) Apologies. Internet connection is on the blink, and is likely to be so for about a month. I'll try to post when I can.

(OOC) Och, that's no good. Hmm... I guess Matt will have to find some way to entertain himself while Kaski runs for his life.

Fettrin's mind reels.

'Damn it...' He thinks.

A probe of thought slices across universes.

OOC: Happy Halloween, patrons! Consider this a BUMP in the night. <_<

OOC: This is ridiculous!!!! Ridiculous ridiculous ridiculous ridiculous ridiculous!! Damn it, this plot needs to end. Now whenever I feel like writing, I have nothing to write. Valence, I know you're not dead, and Hamster, you're most definately alive. Let's figure out something, hmm? For the sakes of all our sanity, we need to end this.

OOC: o.o this is taking way too long then it should.

OOC: I agree. I'll hold a meeting, whether in chat, or a seperate topic. This plot ends soon. 🆒

OOC: Hmm, prem hasn't been active since her last post. Must still be having internet problems. Since I tied up one of my characters with her story I'll probably wait until she can come back (unless someone has a really good idea of something Matt can be involved in... hint). Since it was looking to be an amazing story and I'm short on time at the moment anyway it doesn't bother me much. However, I'm always willing to contribute to a story if anyone is willing to throw in, just use PM or AIM. Maybe we could develop Yume and Matt a little more if we just think a little.

I'm wishing much luck in your direction, prem! We'd more than love to have you (and your amazing writing skills) back.

Jacey tilted back one last time, then suddenly leapt to his feet, nearly tripping over the chair which had clattered to the floor.
"If you're not afraid of dying, Yume, then why do you think I should be?"
In a multiverse where demigods were the norm, Jacey was about average. Which technically made him brilliant. And, in a multiverse where artistic license allowed him endless risktaking, it would be his author's choice to kill him or let him live.

His gut told him he wouldn't be dying any time soon. But for my fellow humans I can't offer the same protection. He hadn't forgotten about Yume; he had simply thought of something more important. He checked a timepiece on his wrist and twisted a knob on the side.

==========

A maroon stain marked the former resting place of a belligerent emainiac. The cold alley where the drunkard had lain was a lonely place to die.

Around the corner of ruined bar, a red backpack secretly kept the body company. It was hissing, and the red sac rapidly inflated, expanding until. pop. the bag tore.

Nobody was in that corner of the Rock, so when nothing else happened within the next few minutes, Nobody got bored and walked away.

==========

The backpack... the backpack... why hadn't I thought of it before? Jacey smiled gleefully, and after twisting the knob back, his timepiece beeped cheerfully in agreement.

It was Bishop's turn now.

Yume sighed heavily as it suddenly felt like she had been walking for a long time. She hadn't actually experienced this kind of feeling before. She had gone great distances just by either running or walking if she didn't have a vehicle to travel with. But time seemed to have slowed down a bit for some reason.

Not only that, the recent vision she had gotten still disturbed her as she kept walking along. It just somehow felt like the universe had gone into a standstill where not much was happening. She looked around but saw no one. Everything just seemed so...still and slow. It was odd for her.

Perhaps it was because it was time for the humans to sleep, perhaps? She blinked lightly at this thought as she tried to find some logic into this feeling she had. She tapped her chin and paused for a moment as she continued to think before shaking her had.

Ah, it mattered not. Why did she care anyways? Time came and went, not waiting for anyone either. She sighed heavily and pulled her trenchcoat tighter around herself before she continued on walking. For the first time she started to feel almost... bored perhaps?

Ah, that was crazy talk. Crazy talk? Ahh! Now she was judging things. She sighed and shook her head as she started to go back to the bar. She wasn't sure where that old man was at the moment. And something told her she wouldn't meet with him any time soon. She wondered if Jacey was still at the bar as well after she had left him there. Who knew...

Yume sighed heavily as it suddenly felt like she had been walking for a long time. She hadn't actually experienced this kind of feeling before. She had gone great distances just by either running or walking if she didn't have a vehicle to travel with. But time seemed to have slowed down a bit for some reason.

Not only that, the recent vision she had gotten still disturbed her as she kept walking along. It just somehow felt like the universe had gone into a standstill where not much was happening. She looked around but saw no one. Everything just seemed so...still and slow. It was odd for her.

Perhaps it was because it was time for the humans to sleep, perhaps? She blinked lightly at this thought as she tried to find some logic into this feeling she had. She tapped her chin and paused for a moment as she continued to think before shaking her had.

Ah, it mattered not. Why did she care anyways? Time came and went, not waiting for anyone either. She sighed heavily and pulled her trenchcoat tighter around herself before she continued on walking. For the first time she started to feel almost... bored perhaps?

Ah, that was crazy talk. Crazy talk? Ahh! Now she was judging things. She sighed and shook her head as she started to go back to the bar. She wasn't sure where that old man was at the moment. And something told her she wouldn't meet with him any time soon. She wondered if Jacey was still at the bar as well after she had left him there. Who knew...

EDIT: because I hate seeing myself babble.

This post has been edited by JaceySquires : 29 November 2005 - 02:30 AM

All of a sudden a strange, unearthly light enveloped the bar and all its occupants. Time appeared to slow down and then to stop entirely. After a pause of an indeterminate length, the former participants in this bar regained a sense of location; some had vanished entirely, while others remained. There were other people in the vicinity, too, but the scenery and location had changed substantially.

One thing was certain: this was no longer the No Name Bar.

OOC: As seemed best in the poll Hamster posted, this bar has come to an end. Any of you can now feel free to post a new topic with the setting for the next bar, and feel free to continue your current storylines or start a new one as you see fit.

Posted Image