Vs.

a blast from the past

Does anyone here remember when those posts were made about 'UE Cruiser vs. Azdgari Warship' etc?

Well I'm in a nostalgic mood, so who's win out of the following:

3 Azdgari Warships vs. 2 UE Cruisers

6 Zachit Arads vs. 1 UE Cruiser

Confed Cruiser (EV) vs. Voinian Cruiser

2 Zidara vs. 1 Voinian Frigate

Answer your own opinion, then add a few more...

--gav

pistgavin, on Nov 9 2005, 02:14 PM, said:

My vote goes for the Azdgari... assuming the AWs assisted each other on the UE cruisers, the sheer damage output from 18 azdaras is really hard to defend against, and the UE cruiser doesn't have enough close-in fast firepower to take them out (Blaze turrets aren't very lively). It's own fighters, conversely, would probably be beaten up by the phase turrets on the warships - they don't have the speed or regen rate of the Azdara to fall back on, and while their rockets would do some damage it probably isn't enough.

If the Aradas are clever enough to use their missiles to take out the fighters first, they'll probably win... but this is a hard one to visualise. The UE Cruiser may have enough in the way of rockets/primaries to mince the zachit one by one... and it has quite a bit of armor.

Not gonna call this one.

Confed Cruiser, I suspect. It has the edge in speed, and it's fighters are better. Additionally, i'll take proton turrets over any of the primaries in EVO - particularly in this case, as proton turrets are both accurate and do good damage to the Voinian's armor, something nothing in EVO manages.

I think the Zidaras would probably win, but this fight would be bloody tiresome to watch thanks to the substandard firepower on both ships.

I don't know anything about the game specs, so I am just guestimating.

AWs, hands down. Mazca gives a good reason.

Zachit Aradas, there can be a definite advantage to speed over power.

Over a EVC Confed Cruiser? Hmm. I would have to say the Voinion Cruiser because of the amount of armor it has.

I can take out a Voinian Frigate in a Laizra, barely. Two Zidaras can take down two Igazras, so I vote the Zidara. What's funny is watching a Miranu ship get caught in the cross fire of a Zidara, fire back on the Zidara, and then get annihilated by said Zidara. It seems the AI ships would know better.